Walrus grab bag - signup thread

Yeah I’ve now realized I completely balls’d up my entry for Yuv. I have a bunch of other entries I could have submitted that would have been a better category fit. Maybe he’ll find humour in my failure and that will be enough to get me off the bottom.

Sorry you didn’t like my selection

1 Like

Yeah I just add them all to a YouTube playlist

1 Like

There are only 3.5 choices i didn’t like, so odds in your favor
And i think my runaway winner won’t expect a win.

1 Like

This is how I do it, too. I have one column for first impression and one for a point score between 0 and 100. I give it an initial score and then adjust up and down on later listens. Accuracy isn’t necessary because we only judge on relative terms. Doesn’t matter if the no.1 song ends up with a 95 or 70.

I also make a spotify list for convenience sake.

1 Like

Some of my current write ups are “Pure Cheese” and “Sharp cheddar”.

Are we supposed to be more respectful and give a better explanation?

1 Like

Your category was by far the toughest one for me. I fully expect a dairy product in the review.

1 Like

I would demand a thesis, antithesis and synthesis for each song.

e.g. At first I wanted to kill myself rather than listen to this song, but then I realised if I did I wouldn’t be able to let you know how bad it was, so I am going to find and kill you instead.

5 Likes
1 Like

Mine takes about a minute, so show some ufcking patience

1 Like

Agreed.

@seities his specials on Netflix are all great. Check out any of them, but probably start with New in Town

1 Like

Should have made a better first impression

1 Like

Anybody who has ever met me knows this is impossible

3 Likes

1 Like

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

It’s been revealed to me that one of the participants in this Walrus is ready to do their reveal :astonished:

I’ll make the reveal thread tomorrow and leave it to them to drag themselves atop the highest rock they can manage and proclaim their findings.

Just to cap off this thread, a few things:

1. Being spread out across the globe as we are, I don’t think there is any ideal time to do the reveals that will give everyone a chance to rail, and we all have different schedules regardless of what timezone we are in. That said, a simple conversion in case it helps: 4pm NYC time = 1pm LA time = 9pm London time = 5:30am in Adelaide (where ChrisV lives…I think). As I said, there really isn’t a perfect time and peoples reveals tend to go at a different pace anyway, but maybe those conversions give people a reference point.

2. Speaking of ChrisV I just wanted to again give him a tip of my hat as the Godfather of Unstuck Walrus. He first brought the Walrus to these Unstuck shores in October 2019, and I still don’t think I’ve seen it done better. See the reveal thread for the first ever Unstuck Walrus here: ChrisV's Walrus - Reveal Thread

Twas the night before Walrus,
And all through Unstuck,
The contestants prepared,
And hoped for good luck.

2FRQGdpE

5 Likes

holy crap, I’ve only done one full listen and early ranking and thought I should at least sleep on it again.

I’m feeling inadequate.

1 Like

This one is going to take 3-4 weeks I’m guessing, so no rush!

Reveal thread is up at Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

I’ll have the first host page people into it when they start their reveal. Entrants list is:

eyebooger
miliboo
suzzer99
ChrisV
skydiver8
SwankyWilder
jalfrezi
pyatnitski
Yuv
Pauwl
Canadamatt3004
LouisCyphre
Nicholasp27
seities

I haven’t even started listening :frowning:

I’ll likely start today and I’ll prolly listen to them 6-10 times each over the next 2 weeks and reveal then

1 Like

Neither have I. I’m hoping to get it all done this weekend.