Suzzerwalrus interest thread

Of course it is. A lot of time and effort is put into choosing and even sequencing the tracks. It’s akin to an art exhibition where the whole usually aims to achieve an effect greater than the sum.

1 Like

I don’t listen to albums a lot anymore, but yeah, they are/were a good thing and you know, if you hear Good Times Bad Times on the radio it feels wrong that the next song isn’t Babe I’m Gonna Leave You and it’s ridiculous when they carve out a piece of Dark Side of the Moon.

1 Like

Who are we sending our picks to?

pyatnitski

2 Likes

Sent. That was fun. I had a really hard time with the anthem one. I don’t feel good about it.

1 Like

Oh yeah - for a general idea of my musical tastes this section of grab bag walrus that I judged might also help. Sorry should have posted sooner. Tilted if you need to tweak your entry that’s fine.

Nah. I probably lost but I really like my songs and hope you enjoy them as well!

Might need wait for a bit of time off during my break though. Got a few already filled but gotta find more time.

EDIT: Do 2 and 4 have to be a band or can it be a solo artist?

Anything can be band or solo artist. I will edit to say artist, not band.

What’s the deadline?

Does getting them in by Sunday night work not work for anyone?

suzzer, not sure what you mean by anthem exactly. I think of something like We Will Rock You which is a 2 minute song with a chorus that everyone can shout out. Most of those things are way under 5 mins so not sure exactly what you’re going for.

I disagree with suzzer that anthems ought to be >5 min, afaict they’re almost all radio-friendly jams like We Will Rock You. But I guess he’s the judge.

Yeah the anthem one is going to be a crapshoot. That’s what makes this fun though.

Freebird, Stairway to Heaven - think epic. We will rock you/we are the champions would have been perfect - it’s literally called an anthem all the time.

You should want to shotgun a beer and yell fuck yeah with your bros after listening to an anthem.

I’m ruining all the good songs here but Foghat - Slowride would get two 10s from me. Also lots of newer songs.

An anthem will often have a huge beat drop (not exactly like edm don’t be literal) and maybe a few fake endings before the real one.

In short - it will rock your dick in the dirt. Fuck yeah!

1 Like