GOP insanity spinoff: UP interviews lagtight

fyp

I’ve been on a plane four times in my whole life, and the last time was in 1978. I don’t recall what the sky looked like.

Having said that, since I flew on the plane long after the Great Flood, the sky probably would no longer have been water. The so-called “canopy” was probably the water source for the Great Flood, so I suspect the canopy wouldn’t have still been there in 1978.

Good question. I have no clue what the “like” to “total viewers” ratio is. Do you?

Kewl selfie, dude.

Bwaahahahahhahahahahha. So then why didn’t the Apollo astronauts run smack dab into the vault that had been holding all that water up and explode rather than make their way to the moon?

Your read is quite correct.

If there is a conflict between scientific consensus and the Bible, I’ll always assume that the Bible is right and that the scientific consensus is wrong.

Having said that, I allow for the possibility that my interpretation of the Scripture is mistaken and that the scientific consensus is correct. If I convince myself after some study that my interpretation of Scripture is correct, then I’ll believe that the Bible is right and that the scientific consensus is wrong.

That explains a lot.

6 Likes

Apparently the “vault” wasn’t there anymore. DUCY?

Profs are often good at that.

29 now! Amazin’!

Is this deja vu?

Everybody just stop.

This is nothing to be proud of

3 Likes

He’s happy to live inside his bubble and pretend he’s right. The outside world is scary, deep down he knows there’s a very high chance everything he’s told himself is wrong and his whole world view is a lie. However, he has learned how to separate and ignore things that go against his world view and not think about them too much so he no longer is threatened by anything he is faced with as he can just compartmentalize it as being a separate thing he doesn’t have to think about. It’s easy: bible is right, God is good, that’s all that matters.

Why did you all keep falling for lqgtight? He is fucking with you. It’s so obvious. Stop giving him what he wants.

10 Likes

I don’t think so. There’s a type of brainwashing that causes victims to wear their ignorance as though it’s a badge of honor. It’s appropriate this got brought up in the GOP Insanity thread. When you try to reason with a MAGAt and point out their demonstrable errors in logic or facts, you often get the same thing

No reasonably intelligent person would ever admit to, or want to be associated with such an ignorant comment as the one lagtight posted. There’s a reason these people take such stubborn pride in being wrong even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Learning how to deal with them might be important although I have no idea how when they tell you point blank that they are immune to reason and logic. Do we write them off as hopeless even as they impact our elections, laws, civil rights, and society in general?

Even if he’s 100% sincere anyone engaging with him is a dumbass

8 Likes

lol

What he wants or doesn’t want is of no interest to me. I’ll engage to the extent that it entertains me and when it doesn’t, I won’t.

4 Likes

But when people refuse to accept facts (and these people vote), don’t you think it’s in our interest to figure out why?