Donations

Zz and gregorio should just take more imo.

4 Likes

Agree

Why on earth are we not buying stonks with this money?

5 Likes

I am working with a team of moderates on some local town political initiatives. I would like to refer them to this site without scaring the shit out of them. :-) How would you advertise the site in this kind of scenario?

1. WAAF & Guillotines, but also Riverman Takes!
  2. Some kink shaming but also in depth analysis!
  3. Everything you thought you knew about politics is wrong & Stonks!

I want to get them here, but I don’t know how to market the fact that their political knowledge will increase 1000x but their moderate heads may explode, but in the end it will be worth it.

ETA: I know the right has appropriated the “red pill” thing from Matrix. But UP is kinda like that. Once you’ve have a good snort of the Potusbowl thread, for example, there’s no going back.

ETA: Belay all that shit above, it’s right there in the motto: Left leaning political discussion forum and community

Tell them I said

1 Like

Unstuckers get restless and demand a conclusion to this saga.

I attempt to put them off by making a Trump-like claim of “just a few weeks”.

Month’s almost up, spidercrab. When is this going to happen?

Answer

the time is now

Am I worried? A little. After all, fellow Ohio resident Trolly tried to warn me:

But as the card says,

you're goddamn right

Today was the day I entered Skyline Chili, and Skyline Chili entered me.

For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure, here’s the menu:

I had $25 to burn and since I haven’t yet reached suicide-levels of self hatred, I planned to stretch it out over a couple of visits. Today I went with two items:

Back at home:

The unveiling:

Cheese Coney

And?
iron chef

The verdict

pitbull yeah

This was not bad! The mustard and onions added a nice flavor to the chili cheese dog, and the steamed bun ensured that neither the hot dog nor the chili were too overpowering.

This was a relatively small item (only 350 calories per the menu), and it makes for a good snack. Would buy again.

Next up, the Coney Bowl. The unveiling:

Coney Bowl

steve harvey disappointed

Oh no. Let’s mix it up and hope it looks better.

Coney Bowl, attempt 2

awkward face

Better I guess? Not really. This does not bode well.

And the taste?
iron chef

The Verdict

Banderas fail

There’s no other way to say this - it was really gross. Hot dogs, on their own, are not great. This chili, on its own, is very bad. The congealed cheese was the MVP of the dish, but I can’t emphasize enough how low that bar was. The combination was a trifecta from hell.

I would never purchase this item again. I ate it more than 7 hours ago, didn’t eat anything for dinner, and I still feel this clump of garbage in my stomach. Trying to address the distress with a drink:

But it’s not really helping. I suspect I’m going to be cursing @NhlNut over the next 12 hours.

In any event,
its over its done

The good news is that I’ve still got $15 of the original $25 left. Can’t wait for part 2.

32 Likes

You’d better use the rest of that gift certificate on a five-way. Or at least a three-way.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine subjecting myself to this in the near future (or ever), but if I do I imagine I’ll have my eyes on the fries and/or burritos.

That’s like getting the california roll at a sushi joint.

@BestOf

2 Likes

lol’d. would read again.

New avatar?

2 Likes

There’s no fucking way in hell that the Coney is only 350 calories.

The cheese alone is that.

I’m looking over the menu… I think a better play would have been the cheese coney but instead of the coney bowl get a small of one of the spaghetti things. I like hot dogs okay but your order had four total and I would never sit down and eat four hot dogs in one sitting. I think that probably contains about 10x one’s recommended daily allowance of nitrates and sodium.

Coney dog and coney bowl: $10
Stomachache that lasts 8 hours: Priceless

ETA: “Our cheese is freshly shredded throughout the day!” on the menu. Well, that’s a relief I guess? The alternative is, what, big bags of pre-shredded cheese?

1 Like

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

12 Likes

God I love those chili dogs.
Standard order was 2 cheese coneys, no onion or light onion.
3 way.
If I was feeling super rich, I’d go like 3 cheese coney no onion, 3 cheese light onion, and make a day of it.

I don’t know anything about that chili hot dog abomination. Last time I was in Ohio, there were no such things as chili burritos, fries or potatoes.

SC,
next time stick to a 3 way and chili dogs. Add a 2nd dog onto that bun if you want to splurge.

Lol, you’re good man. I appreciate you being willing to give it a shot and then write it up for us.

2 Likes

qft

It was a really good idea to tackle this before Dictator Trump cancels Obamacare.

1 Like

It looks like Butthole Stew.

Excellent trip report.

1 Like