Democratic Primaries 2020 - With a whimper

Also lol. By attacked, you mean the entire party coalescing behind him and supporting him, rape allegations be damned? Or the NYT editing its story about the allegation upon his campaign’s request?

1 Like

Story about rape allegation in every media outlet > Liz confirming a not-particularly-sexist quote from a meeting

The current argument traces back to NotBruceZ who is a troll.

Tired : Snake emoji
Wired : Rape emoji

6 Likes

I mean, I’m interested in how Alex simultaneously believes it was a misunderstanding and that Warren was right to call Bernie out on it in public. Or at least right to let the story go public without trying to clear it up in private. “I’m mad that you’re saying I lied about you saying that a woman can’t beat trump!” Is about the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

Seems like maybe we should have spent the primary vetting the actual frontrunnner instead of frothing endlessly over the candidates in a distant 3rd/4th place.

1 Like

Both things can be true. I defended Bernie for promoting Rogan’s endorsement and think that was a ridiculous attack on him. Warren supporters are very critical of centrists and the establishment, again look at what she did to Bloomberg, or like look at any of her dozens of policy proposals. Most Warren fans including myself were on team Bernie in 2016 and would have been happy if he won in 2020.

That doesn’t take away from the toxicity of Bernie supporters, which is not only talked about on the center or the right, but by progressives on the left. How many people have said they like Bernie but hate his fans? How many women have complained about misogynistic attacks?

The solution to this dilemma has been to dub those critical as “fake leftists.” Sure, because what the left clearly needs is to shrink the amount of people that feel welcome in the club.

Did I say that she was “right” to do what she did? Do you agree with 100% of what Bernie says and does? Does that make him a snake and traitor scum if you don’t?

Is Bloomberg a centrist?

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this off and on. As far as political issues that don’t personally affect me, I care about this and, as you point out: not consistently. I’ve been working on my cop out. Yeah, we should focus on it more and more consistently, but people should be realistic about how much time and energy people have. You don’t get to have a job, a family, enough time to mess around with shit that’s not that important, and still do any real work/caring on 12 different issues.

We could probably all drop social media (I count this as SM) and add one more thing. But, you have to accept that while you might sympathize with immigration, climate, labor rights, civil rights, women’s rights, war, poverty, over fishing, lead in the water, education…and they’re all important, you’re not going to be able to even consistently pay attention to them unless maybe you’re a US Senator with a staff dedicated to keeping you up.

My point is not that people should do nothing, but if you want to do something, make it your job, family, and/or lifestyle. If you can’t do that, you got room I guess for one issue/hobby or if you’re a real dynamo or really half-ass your job and family you might be able to stretch a little thinner.

And yes, this is all an excuse/rationalization and extremely self-righteous.

(and I’m not saying that I’m not there for the next demonstration in front of a detention center or will not do something I can if the opportunity to help presents itself, but at this point I’m not walking the desert with jugs of water, which is probably what I should do - maybe later)

1 Like

I just overheard a clip of Joe on that morning show where they asked him about the rape and it sure seemed staged by the show and Joe together. Damage control. And what’s this NYT thing? They are saying the DNC needs to investigate Biden? Lol. If that’s not a set up for “we looked into it very seriously and found out that Joe is fine”…

Problem is that the distant 3rd/4th place candidate (even 5th in one state) became the runaway frontrunner in like 4 days.

1 Like

Jesus Christ this constant vetting of history is so boring.

Let’s assume everything Bernie fans say is right and the sole reason he lost was Warren and the “enemy of the people” media.

How does that matter anymore? What does constantly discussing it accomplish? I’m seriously asking what is the value?

Really amazing how that went from impossible to “it’s all wrapped up folks - time to move on to the general” in those 4 days with a hardly insurmountable lead and plenty of states to go.

3 Likes

People argue here because they hate each other, not because they hate Warren. Anyone is free to post their thoughts on Reddit or Twitter if they want to tell it to randoms, or Facebook if they want to tell it to friends and family.

1 Like

Fair point but it’s so odd they hate each other given everyone here is so closely aligned politically outsiders wouldn’t be able to tell one of us from the other.

5 Likes

@BestOf

1 Like

Literally what are you even talking about here.

Biden was way behind then became the nominee in 4 days after one primary.