Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Why not believe her explanation? Not believing her and inserting your own rationale is the conspiracy, especially when pretty much anyone involved with her hiring says it never came up.

2 Likes

I don’t believe her explanation because it is ridiculous.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/C_Sommerfeldt/status/1232007917139845120?s=20

2 Likes

I’d rather have someone with some potential Kennedy-like upside than someone who is very likely in cognitive decline and will almost certainly be in cognitive decline in 4 years. I have similar but lesser concerns about Liz. Almost no one makes it to 80 without losing at least part of their marbles. Again, I think no one over 70 should be allowed to run. There are 330M people in the US. We can find someone else.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CANCEL_SAM/status/1231989299157110785?s=20

1 Like

You and some other posters are proving my concerns about a subset of Bernie Bros time and again in this and other threads. However, as I noted, we need stupid people to be on our side, which is one of the reasons why I think Bernie can beat Trump. Bernie had the highest donor support among waiters and Liz had the highest support among mathematicians. In a popularity contest, you want the support of the waiters.

3 Likes

Delete Facebook.

This has Bernie with only 30.3% of Latinos. If Nevada is any indication, he should do much better with that group.

2 Likes

It’s not just that’s it’s repeated by the media, that undeserving minorities get ahead is a core tenent of the tea party “deep story” that shapes their worldview and policy preferences.

1 Like

Posted this 14 days ago. Today got the text from her “I’m starting to feel the Bern–NV came through!”

We doing this.

18 Likes

If Bloomberg was actually trying to help Bernie get the nomination, he would be playing close to perfectly. Spend a fortune attacking Trump while fracturing the moderate vote, all while being a cartoonishly out of touch billionaire!

3 Likes

The former Republican smear doesn’t make sense to me. Her academic work is mostly about how the system screws regular families. She changed her party after doing research on how people get screwed. Before that she was a poor white single mother who probably vibed with Reagan’s gauzy appeal, like tens of millions of others. Most people do not spring from the womb with a fully formed ideology.

4 Likes

If he really wanted to defeat tRUmp and make positive changes to this country he would do 2 things

1. Buy Fox News and rid the station of all of the opinion hosts spreading disinformation and propaganda

2. Run as a third party candidate to siphon off conservative votes from the GOP

People realize that you do not get hired as a lateral law professor at Harvard by filling out a job application, right? Right? Like, did Wayne Gretzky get “hired” by the Kings because he had good references and wore a nice suit?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1231716148779134976?s=20

3 Likes

I’ll drop a class solidarity hot take that someone of Warren’s modest background rising to Harvard law professor, Senator, and candidate for president is admirable. I don’t care if she absolutely lied to get the Harvard job. If she hadn’t, it’s way more likely that the next person up would have been another Alan Dershowitz than an actual native woman.

That being said, it’s probably time for Liz to reflect on her background, stop being a :snake:and drop out to endorse Bernie.

4 Likes

Oh you think the stupid people who are Bernie supporters are coming to your side?

1 Like

Call it what you want but it was clearly a part of the hiring process as others have noted it was widely reported that she was Harvard’s first POC law professor or whatever.

I’m on team it doesn’t matter btw.

To my knowledge she was the only grad from a public law school who was teaching at Harvard at the time.

Ok but we’re really sure that the NA thing didn’t give her an advantage in that hiring process?

Idk, i really don’t care if she DID get an advantage. The fact that she claimed it at all and then doubled down with a DNA test is the weird thing. Like my parents told me I had NA blood, and I would joke about it with my friends in college, but I never put it on any applications or professional materials because the hypothetical Cherokee 7 generations back in my family tree never affected my life in any way.

3 Likes