Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

People realize that you do not get hired as a lateral law professor at Harvard by filling out a job application, right? Right? Like, did Wayne Gretzky get “hired” by the Kings because he had good references and wore a nice suit?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1231716148779134976?s=20

3 Likes

I’ll drop a class solidarity hot take that someone of Warren’s modest background rising to Harvard law professor, Senator, and candidate for president is admirable. I don’t care if she absolutely lied to get the Harvard job. If she hadn’t, it’s way more likely that the next person up would have been another Alan Dershowitz than an actual native woman.

That being said, it’s probably time for Liz to reflect on her background, stop being a :snake:and drop out to endorse Bernie.

4 Likes

Oh you think the stupid people who are Bernie supporters are coming to your side?

1 Like

Call it what you want but it was clearly a part of the hiring process as others have noted it was widely reported that she was Harvard’s first POC law professor or whatever.

I’m on team it doesn’t matter btw.

To my knowledge she was the only grad from a public law school who was teaching at Harvard at the time.

Ok but we’re really sure that the NA thing didn’t give her an advantage in that hiring process?

Idk, i really don’t care if she DID get an advantage. The fact that she claimed it at all and then doubled down with a DNA test is the weird thing. Like my parents told me I had NA blood, and I would joke about it with my friends in college, but I never put it on any applications or professional materials because the hypothetical Cherokee 7 generations back in my family tree never affected my life in any way.

3 Likes

It was not part of the hiring process. This is false. The Boston Globe interviewed basically every faculty member involved. They said it was neither known nor was an issue. Just because a PR flak says “look at our great diverse faculty” doesn’t mean PR flak’s do the hiring.

2 Likes

So if she didn’t tell them she was NA how did they know about it? Magic? Obviously she told them at some point and during the hiring process makes the most sense.

1 Like

Might be a good time to tone down the condescending Lawbro elitism. Your army of Harvard educated nitwits is marching us right into fascism.

9 Likes

“We’re putting together a recruitment brochure to help ensure the student body isn’t all white or Asian kids from private schools. Could any faculty with minority backgrounds email back, we may want to include your story in the brochure! Thanks a bunch! Best regards, Suzy from Media Operations (ps don’t respond if you were only hired by the faculty because you checked a box)”

This is the absolute dumbest “scandal” of all time.

2 Likes

Ain’t cheating, ain’t trying, etc. There are many other reasons to disqualify her. Let’s move on.

2 Likes

This guy is an absolute fire hose of idiocy. Imagine being wrong about literally everything ever and still pumping out shit like this.

1 Like

Simp calling waiters stupid while believing laws will save us.

7 Likes

I mean I’d like to give warren the benefit of the doubt and move past this but she took a fuckin dna test to prove she was cherokee like last year! She thought it proved her right! She made a huge deal out of it! You guys keep telling me that she’s so smart and everything, but that was really, really dumb.

2 Likes

Click the three horizontal dots at the top right of the post, then “Find support or report post” then select “incorrect voting information” or “false news”. I think incorrect voting information may work better though.

1 Like

Bernie’s ceiling is 20%
Bernie’s ceiling is 25%
Bernie’s ceiling is 30%
Bernie’s ceiling is 35%

6 Likes

Quoting for prosperity

1 Like

I don’t get this. She is no longer a Republican. And not only that, but she’s a very progressive Senator. I don’t give a rat’s ass what party she used to be in when she’s been a Democrat for 20+ years and quite obviously believes in basically the opposite of what the Republican’s believe in.

6 Likes