Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Charlie Kirk is literally brain damaged. The guy gives Don Jr a run for his money in terms of stupidity.

7 Likes

Shit, I didn’t know Charlie Kirk was a CPA.

2 Likes

Verbal blackface is a nice term.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1231454753013497857?s=19&fbclid=IwAR3udQ2tmOhdUFV_740FmlI_WvxVuwgxKC1pjfVNCIMSo_H9lotSFKWayy8

1 Like

It’s wrong but it isn’t at all weird. In fact it’s embarrassingly common. “I’m 1/4 Cherokee” is an OG trope from before any of us were born.

They don’t care about being right, they care about getting even a small number of people to not support Bernie by lying.

2 Likes

The main difference is most of those people who claimed Indian blood still checked the box for “white” on government forms, they didn’t claim American Indian heritage because their grandpa had high cheekbones.

3 Likes

Luckily Facebook has been showing the “false news” overlay on these posts now. Anytime you see one, be sure to report as incorrect voting information to help break through the propaganda.

1 Like

I live in Oklahoma. I was born and raised here. Both my parents were too. I didn’t even know I had NA ancestry until my grandfather passed, and a relative on that side of the family did the genealogy research. According to the Cherokee tribe, I’m 1/16 Cherokee. Some tribes have blood quotas, while others (such as the Cherokee) only need a direct descendent on the Dawes Roll (from relocation).

The only benefit I’ve ever received is the healthcare I have now. Am I native enough to say I’m native? Should I be getting this sweet single payer HC because a greatx3 grandmother was forced here on the trail of tears? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much everyone from Oklahoma is either at least a little native, or thinks they are. I don’t hold it against Warren. I have more of an issue with her prior party affiliation and her move to the center on issues when she became the front runner, but don’t kid yourselves; she would be a very progressive president and I would snap call a Warren presidency.

10 Likes

I live in Oklahoma as well (OKC) but grew up in Kansas and had my family tell me that I was part NA. I never used it on anything obviously but didn’t find out for sure it was BS until several people in my family did the DNA tests. My grandpa went to his death bed arguing that he was NA and telling stories about being discriminated against for being NA and having NA ancestry. Even after he had a DNA test telling him he had basically none.

So ya I have some sympathy for her on one hand but on the other no one in my family outside of my grandfarther was out touting our NA heritage (especially not on job applications and the like) and I think unless you are on the rolls or know for certain you are a descendant it is pretty stupid to do what she did. That being said who really cares at this point. I think she would make a great Senate Majority Leader or a cabinet member.

1 Like

In KC every kid on the playground said they were part Cherokee to the point it was a running joke by high school.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just a gen x thing because I’m not even American and I know the trope.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/02/24/campaign-live-updates/#link-JBTA46333JB53LH7COIGPD2DXQ

Texas: Biden 23, Sanders 22, Warren 18.

I’m sure this poll will be as predictive as all the others that showed Biden doing well.

1 Like

This is something that’s kind of bugged me for a while tbh - how often is it that a Rutgers Law grad ends up teaching at Harvard? I assumed that their faculty was like entirely Harvard/Yale/Stanford grads.

Bloomberg really sucks. Biden too. McKinseyBro not so great either.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FrancisBrennan/status/1231688930040385543

3 Likes

How do you do this? I saw the picture in someone’s timeline but I could not find any links to report as incorrect voting information.

And people wonder why Trump endlessly both side’sing works. It’s because centrist Dems are incredibly disingenuous themselves and people feel like they aren’t close to sincere. They lie like .0001% as much as Trump (who tells way way way more lies than he says true things) but our culture acts like people who tell lies are liars and they are all the same, which obviously plays to his advantage a lot.

1 Like

Holy shit if Bernie can pull off TX that’s gonna be yuuuge!

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/wendellpotter/status/1232000154296864769

/Thread

2 Likes