Dealing with Deplorable Family and Friends

I think that connection comes in from the RWNJ media that have been trying to scare the Olds by saying terrorists are entering through the unprotected, expansive US southern border. I may perhaps be injecting a little too much thought though, guy is obviously a racist freak and weird dude.

1 Like

Had a deplorable coworker bring up hitler in a positive way the other day. The coworker understands that the system is unfair and makes our lives way harder, but it can’t be the system itself, it’s gotta be Jews.

I’m still giving it my best to get my parents vaccinated to no avail. It’s pretty much an emotional hedge at this point in case they do die I will feel fine with my efforts to convince them.

13 Likes

Send them some Herman Cain awards. That site seems to be converting people.

2 Likes

17 posts were split to a new topic: Dealing with aging parents

Not a friend or family, but I did have to deal rather intimately with a deplorable yesterday. Oral surgeon in my home town was recommended to me for wisdom teeth removal. Was told he was grumpy but good. While he’s in there hacking at tooth number three he brings up the woman who got arrested for faking her vax card. Cool so far, but then he tells his assistant they’re going for a felony charge “but they’ll bring all these Covid positive Haitians over and spread them all over the country.”

A Boomer has thoughts

1 Like

My mom has posted that same Facebook meme in various forms countless times.

pretty sure their pay does get stopped. They get backpay once the government re-opens, but they aint gettin paid that week.

This is what I’m dealing with over here… my extra woke sister everyone.

Ask her if she is the confederate wearing red neck?

Welp it’s finally happening, wife who never raises her voice about anything, is currently screaming at her brother on the phone about “holiday plans”. Spoiler we aren’t going to see them for reasons you can probably figure out.

Brother could be a model for the usuals featured all the time on HCA.

Oh there goes the George Floyd “chat”. As far as I can tell he’s just spewing Fox talking points. She’s not really equipped to handle this either but that’s fine I’m sure we’ll never talk to him again :expressionless:

6 Likes

Spoke with my stepmom about the will. I have DPA if something happens to her, but she said something about how my dad has percentages going to various conservative causes. She hinted that she would axe that shit if he dies first. Not likely as her mom lived to 98, but she smokes a pack a day at least. It bothers me to know that a portion of any money left will go to fuckheads like the proud boys.

My in laws are visiting today. They live 45 minutes away. They showed up unannounced 30 minutes early.

I’m good with the death penalty for this behavior.

4 Likes

Remember everyone when dealing with deplorable family members and friends just bad faith the fuck out of them, call their sources biased, say both sides are bad, etc. before they have a chance to own you. Any time something political is brought up just say “ugh I hate talking politics, people don’t want to listen to the other side and just get their information from social media” before saying anything. You must get in the first own no matter what.

4 Likes

Yes, the key is to be the first one to plant your stake in the ground.

I dunno the conservatives in my family are completely cutoff because they won’t get a COVID vaccine. Seems to work ok for me

Well you plant your stake with the ones you have to interact with. I planted my stake with my mom on Trump early and often. She knew it would be a big problem for our relationship if she became a Trump fan.

I think also my stepdad being a very moderate Republican probably made the bigger difference. But still, my mom used to try to get me to listen to Rush Limbaugh and Dr. Laura. She doesn’t do that anymore. We’re closer to on the same page now.

2 Likes