Dead and nearly departed Covidiots

Oh, I generally call everyone by their 22 screen name when I know it and remember them from 22. Most have the same one or something very similar, so there is no conflict. For example, cuse was always cuse, even though I think he changed his handle here at some point. If you find an instance where I don’t do it, it’s just because I didn’t connect their new and old handles.

I’m probably not 100% on this, but it’s what my brain generally defaults to.

If there are any I’ve missed, feel free to enlighten me.

Okay. He does get the Ikes as pejorative treatment a lot, just assumed your post dripping with sarcasm was more of the same.

Well, don’t give me too much credit. While I think ikes is a much better poster than he once was, I still think he has plenty of shitty posts. I’m not shy about my feelings on that but it’s independent of my referring to him as ikes.

As far as his posts on this topic are concerned, I do think he has a valid point, but they are also needlessly repetitive. I wouldn’t say they are shitty posts, though. At least not yet. I suppose through sheer repetition they might reach that threshold.

I think Dan’s post was pretty good. I think also, there’s an undeniable sense of poetic justice here. Like to over-generalize, these are the sort of people who like to talk a lot about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and how they don’t care about the feelings of liberals. Here they are making a stupid PERSONAL CHOICE of FREEDOM which leads in an unusually direct manner to the consequence of them fucking dying. I mean, was this what you wanted? This is what you guys like, right? You deserved this, according to your own philosophy? And NOW I’m expected to have feelings?

I also think it’s funny to see these guys who express themselves in these egotistical terms, like “I’m a FREE THINKER” or “I trust my immune system!” or whatever, run into the brick wall of a piece of RNA which is unusually good at replicating itself. Like sorry, it doesn’t give a shit about any of that, and seeing hubristic assholes get pantsed is inherently comical.

It’s also tragic that these people are dying. That fact doesn’t obviate what I wrote above. Things can be poetic and funny and tragic all at once and frequently are. I don’t really see the need to censor myself from having complicated feelings about this, even though, as I’ve discussed before, I don’t think any of these people chose this of their own free will (because I don’t believe that’s a thing).

22 Likes

I’m just annoyed that this has become some asshole who noone knows and posted dumb shit about covid is dead, ironically from the same dumb shit they posted. There are an incredible amount of these people dying everyday.

I feel this thread should be reserved for the Dick Cheneys, Rush Limbaughs, and – wait, is Henry Kissinger still alive? Level of terrible.

You do you though UP, I get the appeal of this thread.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/comments/psyp4w/for_those_who_say_the_hca_are_immoral_lets_see/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

“For those who say the HCA are immoral. Let’s see how we got here.

For everyone who is appalled beyond description at what a bunch of sickos we are for having created this sub Reddit, let’s review how it has all transpired.

1. In the early days of the pandemic, we had a President who, because he was worried it would him look bad, said that COVID was going to go down to zero cases soon and it would disappear “like a miracle.” As well as a huge RW media machine that basically said it was all a hoax, or “just the flu”, and actively kneecapped any actions and protocols that were taken to slow the spread.

2. Taking their cues from the same President and RW media, countless people decided that masks were the most horrific oppression ever and that having to temporarily alter their lives in any way, in order to save fellow citizens from dying a horrible death, was a form of tyranny they simply would not tolerate.

3. Have been told that, amongst other possibilities, a medicine for lupus, a horse dewormer and ingesting bleach were all viable ways to fight COVID.

4. Repeatedly have seen Republican governors across the nation not only not do anything to protect people, but actually take actions that drastically have increased the rate of COVID transmission.

5. Defying all odds, in under a year the country was presented with a vaccine created by infectious disease experts with some of the most sophisticated research technology on earth, that was offered free to every citizen over 12. Only for tens of millions of people to refuse to take it because of (insert BS reason here) while creating memes comparing it to the Holocaust, making Dr. Fauci out as the greatest mass murderer since Josef Stalin, and calling the rest of us sheep for doing the socially and morally responsible thing.

6. Are now in the midst of a variant that is, again, overwhelming hospitals. Only this time it is heavily favoring anti vaxxers as far as who it cuts down. A variant that we might not have had as severely if these assholes had gotten vaccinated in the first place.

7. And, despite 18 months and almost 700,000 dead, we are STILL being inundated with messages from various RW personalities, religious groups, and in social media, that COVID is a big conspiracy, vaccine is the mark of the beast, vaccinated people are responsible for the Delta variant, and all kinds of other bullshit that utterly defies comprehension.

Sorry if the HCA offends some of your delicate sensibilities. You had over a year to get your shit together and be responsible adults during a historic time of national crisis, and you blew it time after fucking time. This sub Reddit is a consequence of the anger and frustration rest of us are feeling to repeatedly suffering because of your childish defiance, your ignorance, your irresponsibility, and your lack of compassion that you wear like badges of honor. At least until you end up in the ICU on a ventilator, then suddenly it’s all “COVID IS NO JOKE” and calls for Prayer Warriors.

You created this, you live with it. Fuck your feelings.”

26 Likes

It’s absolutely the second post. The people whose deaths are posted in HCA are brainwashed. HCA is really a site about social media’s effect on those people. Those people are dumb, ignorant, ignorant about being dumb and often loathsome. It also seems like a lot of them are very religious or at least pretend to be online.

Steven Van Zandt nodding gif

These people base their politics on “fuck your feelings” and then cry about their feelings being hurt when people laugh at them.

So fuck those people.

A more reasonable line to draw is mocking their families. To me that’s too gray of an area

3 Likes

But you are high horsing this ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe so. But as one who’s been through the Ikes parade dozens of times. This is what it looks like.

I personally and sadistically get a kick out of the inevitable go fund me plea that garners like $77.

6 Likes

Wait? Caffine is Ikes? OK things make more sense now

2 Likes

can we please excise the meta discussion and keep this thread PURE

7 Likes

While social media has a role to play in this I’m not just ready to dismiss these people as “having their brains rotted by disinformation.” People being shitty has existed long before social media, and was often much worse. Had COVID happened in 1990, and governors started imposing lockdowns with the message “you need to distance and wear a mask to protect yourselves, others, and keep our ICUs from being overrun” I’m pretty sure you’d have the same subset of people saying “Fuck you, I’ll do what I want”

There’s a debate as to how much social media influences opinions versus reinforcing them. But the common theme is the lack of empathy for others, and I don’t think social media can be blamed for that.

2 Likes

An interesting dichotomy. I would never directly mock irl. My true feeling is a mix of anger and empathy. Even empathy for being susceptible to such obvious manipulative messaging.

Probably the garden variety anti-vax anti-mask victim is spreading the message because they truly believe it. It is sad when these folks die of Covid.

I do not feel much if any empathy for those that know it’s all fake (hi Fox News) or those that do it to just own the libs as a political partisanship.

But I’m not going to apologize. These are my feelings. I own them. I’m glad to have a harmless outlet for them. I’m not out screaming at the morons.

For $77 you can get your bottle of Champagne personalized! Think of the possibilities!

1 Like

I’ve said it before but I think it’s a pretty childish worldview to not understand that as a society we are better off when these terrorists suffer and die by their own idiocy. If I really need to explain in detail why I will go farther but I think most here already get it. In short these people are causing widespread suffering and misery and holding the rest of us hostage. And for what? Some righteous cause? No it’s to eat at Chili’s unfettered by the carnage around them. They have deeply damaged and hurt the person I love the most in this largely terrible world(and billions of other innocent people)and they can get fucked.

16 Likes

I dunno. People are dumb and selfish and they trust Facebook too much. Not sure that ought to be a death sentence. Or that I’d want to watch and laugh at them while they’re dying.

3 Likes

No one here is hoping or wishing for death in an active way that I see outside of the true top level terrorists. Should we have all have had a sad when Jeffrey Dahmer or Osama Bin Laden got got? It’s even one step more innocent than that because these people are killing themselves. But let’s be real the people on Facebook ringleading this shit are terrorists. They are killing and hurting people. The fact they then become their own victims is not a tragedy. It is a tragedy to the people around them but no one here is laughing and pointing fingers at their kids.