COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Thanks all for the input. I booked the tickets, and reserved two extra seats to act as a small buffer.

1 Like

If they were, they wouldnā€™t be anti-vaxxers.

A morally consistent anti-vaxxer would be a complete sociopath.

Sounds to me like some asshole is going to sneak in and try to take those empty seats.

itā€™s a lot easier to be an anti-vaxxer sitting on your couch watching Tucker Carlson then it is with a case of covid gasping for breath. Anti-vaxxers will take this pill.

2 Likes

I saw Blair witch in full theater, definitely enhanced but I am still taking rich guy owns huge theater watching all alone every time. (Something about Mary also great in theater)

But I donā€™t like people.

Edit: also triple pfizered today. Suck it Rodney dangerfield.

1 Like

I agree with that.

As I said, Iā€™ve mostly resigned myself to the idea that Iā€™m probably going to catch it at some point. If I assume that, being vaccinated and boosted feels like the steps Iā€™m able to take to prevent myself from the worst health outcomes of catching it.

2 Likes

Good article, accurately describes where I live for sure.

Article certainly does point out the known truth that America is a nation of assholes and likely always will be.

surprised to see you on the same team as the American Conservative, but to each their own I suppose.

Pfizer CEO indicates that if approved now, there will be ā€œtens of thousands of treatment coursesā€ available in December, ā€œhundreds of thousands of treatment coursesā€ available in January, and ā€œmillions of treatment coursesā€ available in February. Of course in January weā€™re likely going to be seeing several million new cases every week, so thatā€™s not ideal. They wonā€™t do this but they should fucking ration this for high-risk people who have been vaccinated ahead of the anti-vaxx era.

2 Likes

Its one thing to vax and boost and then say Ive given up two years and society isnt doing shit and Im done with it. I have concerns about what that will do on a societal level and dont think everyone is really thinking through risk, but I completely get it.

Its another thing to be a big enough asshole to write that article.

Iā€™m not on ā€œhisā€ ā€œteamā€ but the article is good in that it accurately describes the attitudes towards covid that vast swaths of the US have. Maybe Iā€™m on his team in that I donā€™t dismiss those attitudes as beyond the pale, I understand people not wanting to get vaccinated or wear masks even if I donā€™t agree with those choices. More to the point, getting worked up over other peopleā€™s choices doesnā€™t actually change anything. And that the liberal eliteā€™s preferred method of persuasion with this group of subhuman deplorables ā€“ yelling ā€œHEY SHITHEAD GET VACCINATEDā€ ā€“ seems like it would have the opposite effect.

But in any case I think that the appetite of the public for further restrictions, regardless of whatever wave or variant is incomine, is vanishing rapidly and has been for a while.

1 Like

mmmhmmm does it do anything more than that sk? Did you even read the article?

No one takes issue with the accuracy of morons not caring about the pandemic.

More likely it gets rationed to high risk individuals. So the unvaxxed along with real high risk get first crack over vaccinated individuals who arent super high risk. Pretty sure thats how it was working with the monoclonal antibodies when there werent enough to go around.

I did read the article, it was quite short. What do you think I missed and why am I ā€œtrollingā€?

ā€œI wish I could convince myself that for once in my life with COVID we were actually experiencing a healthy break from the usual pattern, according to which the latest silly noveltiesā€”no-fault divorce, factory-sliced bread, frozen meals, and, of course, infant formulaā€

looool

Ultimately, it may just come down to not being able to these different groups being able to coexist together in a single country anymore and we may need balkanization.

I read that article and, honestly, I root for the healthcare workers in this country to call a general strike and just stop showing up at the hospitals. Just leave the keys to the ecmo machines and defibrillators and good luck everyone!

Iā€™m not sure why you think that sentence fragment is worth quoting, let alone why you think it is something that I missed.

1 Like

Right, but whoā€™s the ones being intolerant here? People where I live donā€™t gaf if New York City locks down or who gets vaccinated or wears masks. The reverse isnā€™t true though. Of course, itā€™s true that the unvaccinated and un-locked downā€™s choices effect others, but thatā€™s becoming less and less true with the effectiveness and availability of vaccines and boosters. And Iā€™m not saying thereā€™s nothing to get mad about, but it simply isnā€™t productive. And it ignores the increasing unpopularity of restrictions. I think weā€™re just going to end up in the realm of you make your own personal choices on vaccination, masks, isolation, whatever, and you take your chances. This isnā€™t ever going to go away, it increasingly seems like everyoneā€™s going to get it, vaccination or not. Which obviously doesnā€™t mean that vaccines donā€™t work, they do, but breakthrough cases are obviously not rare (believe me, I know).

3 Likes

I am pretty intolerant of the people who are actively working to kill like 400K of their fellow countrymen this year. I dont really think this author is an asshole for travelling somewhere in 2020 or w/e. The flippant ā€œCOVID is over you libs what are you crying aboutā€ with editors note: I looked it up and more people are dying around me than ever isā€¦something.

I also do personally think that many Americans are a bunch of (REDACTED) for crying so much for so long about wearing masks when public health advises it.

EDIT: Im much more focused on my local area than on whats going on elsewhere at this point, I will also say that I think a lot of the pointing at red states was out of line because, I agree, we arent going to be doing much mitigation anywhere. Theres little appetite to do anything beyond scream at the unvaxxed.

1 Like