COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

Wow!

Knock it off with advocating health care reform in the US…??..wat?

Which side are you on.?
The track we’re on is just the money-sucking shit train of health providers and health insurance leeches.

I’m hoping the entire fucking system doesn’t collapse and people who need essential surgeries get them. Not sure how obtuse you have to be to not get that, but somehow you got there.

Trolly, this doesn’t make sense. Please parse.

Team NBZ says UHC, unless I’m mistaken. And the system you mention is a real shit system.

Edit: I get we’re on similar thought trains, but NBZ has a point about something needing to break.

This is why the first rule of poker is never, ever fold.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: About Moderation

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: About Moderation

He didn’t and you are. Or else you’re just trolling.

I chose to be non-specific and let the reader envision their own preferred changes to the health care system.

This is basically it. We have a significant segment of the population who are so far-gone that it would take a palpable catastrophe directly affecting them to get some of them to change their minds. And that’s only some, not all.

The entire health care system collapsing probably causes less collateral damage than outright civil war, so I’m actually looking to minimize the transitional costs.

I’m not getting the connection between COVID spreading like wildfire and UHC. Even if we had perfect UHC now, COVID would still overwhelm capacity. The problem is that there are not enough beds for everyone who needs care at this time.

I just don’t see how someone looks at our current debacle and says, “Surely this will persuade the US to move to UHC”. UHC wouldn’t actually fix this problem.

The long-term result will be less healthcare for the middle class with a pay for service healthcare system for the wealthy.

If you break the current health care system bad enough, society would have no choice but to invent something new to replace it. Or just have the Somalia of health care systems, which is a real risk.

If you make the middle class suffer enough, maybe they’ll be motivated to revolt.

And 1352 today.

Really hope this doesn’t impact my orthopedic appointment next week for my broken shoulder.

2 Likes

It isn’t going to be this dramatic thing. It is going to be a death by 1000 cuts.

Wishing you luck, my aunt got in by a week for a similar injury here in MA. Everything like that shut down for the near future now.

1 Like

No. They would certainly have a choice. They could just say, “Health care system was fine. COVID broke it, but that was just a one off thing”. We’ll just rebuild what we had. After all, people love their their health insurance".

Eventually, we’ll get to the straw that breaks the camel’s back. If not COVID, then maybe the next thing.

Yeah, if anything the response will be “the government didn’t do a good job with covid so let’s privatize the CDC and FDA”.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CTVLondon/status/1476581281064525829

Also Ontario
https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1476658691973779458