COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

It’s also an extension of what’s now 200/300 level biochem courses that makes fundamental sense.

Me too. No harm no foul man I know you’re always coming in from a good place. I’m always super interested in how you see stuff, nobody else I have any contact with has anything I get from you all in one spot.

I didn’t intend for you to get dragged into it, and I totally understood what you were saying… and I’d dismantle our empire ASAP if it were up to me. I shouldn’t be reading jalfrezi posts, it brings out the worst in me.

1 Like

Not a misleading headline at all given that the wave has already peaked and cases are decreasing throughout the continent.

Wonder how KN95 stacks up against 3 layer surgical. I’ve been rolling with the KN95 for the past few months but have seen a lot of reports of counterfeit masks which makes me consider switching back to surgical.

correct, not a headline

Germany seems to be reporting record cases, parts of Italy too, all EU last time I looked… but back to school in CR I guess

I haven’t read 2+2 for a while, but toothy repeatedly pushed a thesis that Europe was fucked this winter because they remained shut down over the summer, but USA was going to sail right through no problem because we smartly let the virus run amuck through less vulnerable populations all summer. I’m sure he has some big story now about how he was 200% correct and everybody else is a moron.

Also, it appears @suzzer99 was dead on all along with his thoughts about warm versus cold weather.

Listened to that this morning. Good suggestion.

Yes, only Suzzer and every other scientist who warned of a 2nd wave, like 10 mins after the first wave hit in March 2020. I mean, who could have predicted it wasn’t all over in the summer. No way this can come back everyone said, not

Nancy noooooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/1327340810262765568?s=20

1 Like

Well I seem to remember many people on this forum making fun of suzzer and his predictions. If you’re saying there was basically consensus on this forum with his viewpoints, I would have to laugh at you.

It’s clearly “coming back” because cold weather is tons worse for spread than warm weather. (Or more correctly, weather that forces people inside with closed windows.)

I’m saying 5000 scientists mentioned there might be a 2nd wave, stating this as early as March 2020. Then Suzzer said sometime in May 2020 it might not do as well in the sun. Which you have conflated with ‘Suzzer predicted the 2nd wave, ZOMG look it worse in winter’. No shit sherlock.

Jesus christ. I don’t care if that is the most well ventilated room in the world with everyone well spaced, tested, and wearing masks. You still don’t hold that dinner for optics reasons.

Well if Nancy can hold a dinner, I can hold Thanksgiving.

14 Likes

Attributing this to cold weather and not a continuation of processes going back to early September is just wrong

1 Like

Cold weather clearly contributes to much more rapid spread.

2 Likes

No

Can we not do the cold vs warm weather thing again thank you

4 Likes

I didn’t say anything about Suzzer predicting a second wave. He kept pushing the idea that seasonal differences were likely to have a huge effect and like 50% of the forum laughed at him because we had a spike in the summer.

Would be nice if Dem leadership would show they take this pandemic seriously by leading by example. Pelosi going to undermine the whole message.

4 Likes

Well it depends on what you mean by “contributes.” Suzzer thought that cold weather itself is doing the work, but it seems more likely to me that there is more spread because people are inside, not because the cold air is actually doing anything. I mean, should we be turning off air conditioning in the summer because warm air is better? Seems wrong.

2 Likes

Well, air conditioning lowers humidity so maybe it’s a good idea to turn it off. But anyway, it was an offhand remark but apparently nobody wants to throw Suzzer a bone. Can we all at least agree to shit on toothy?

7 Likes