COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Point to a single person that thinks this.

1 Like

the fuck is wrong with you?

Literally nobody thinks that. Some frontline workers will, and some billionaires. That’s about it.

1 Like

calculating ratios is statistically easier than totals.

Also, the mRNA concept is something that biochemists have been playing around with for a few years now. There are mRNA viruses that have good shown effectiveness against rabies and Zika in clinical trials. It’s not some hair-brained idea they dreamed up just to fight COVID.

1 Like

All of you have a tendency to pretend that you’ve never read any of the posters work before and judge a post almost entirely in a vacuum. You do this so that you can maximize your opportunity to get a nice dunk on someone.

All of you have a tendency to want to talk about ‘how things should be’ without any consideration whatsoever for how we could even get there because you’re above that, your principles are self evident, and everyone who doesn’t agree with you is evil. You want to spend your time daydreaming instead of trying to figure out what is going happen next and why, which is what I’m here for. What we should be doing IS fairly obvious and there isn’t a lot of disagreement across this forum about it. I’m not even a little interested in your empty temper tantrums to demonstrate what a good leftist you are. You’re why the left always fractures into factions, and that factionalism is why the left always loses.

And Marty is the only one of you who posts any content I care about, nearly always because he’s bringing a unique perspective I don’t get anywhere else. You I don’t need, I know plenty of overconfident assholes. Churchill has his moments too I guess (although sweet jesus are his covid takes bad). Cassette and joog are a complete waste of time and I already have on ignore… which is exactly where you’re going. Snipe at someone else.

1 Like

I find it easier to read churchill when I assume he looks like this:

ytw_301_4631d

7 Likes

This is laughable. :rofl:

You seem to be totally unaware of the people you’re talking about. Talk about projection.

In contrast, I read your posts in the voice of a centrist, which is what you mainly are. You might like to think of yourself as leftist, but that’s only relative to the utterly extreme right wing gorgonfest of a country you’re from. In Western Europe you’d fit nicely in alongside the social democrats.

Most of your posts seem to be looking for an excuse to boast YET AGAIN about how you came from a bad family and worked your way to wealth and prosperity through an unstoppable combination of huge intelligence and hard work (never luck). You’re shallow and obsessed with wealth.

All the best!

1 Like

That definitely would help yeah.

Ah, this reference makes me happy

I put Churchill on that guy from Four Weddings and a Funeral who’s trying to fuck Andie McDowell before she winds up sneaking off with Hugh Grant the first time, the drunk guy who keeps saying, “I think I’m in there.”

1 Like

Presented without comment, huh?

2nd wave looks roughtly 4x worse than the 1st - 300k daily in 14 days time probably the under- might be able to ‘flatten the curve’ if the US lockdowns down 6 weeks ago. Not directed at anyone ITT.

@anon38180840 I assume liking this post was a misclick. What an embarrassing post to make let alone like!

2 Likes

The first wave in the us surely had way more cases than in that chart as there wasn’t nearly enough testing capacity then.

same with ROW Keeed, so the graphs are vaguely comparable

IN UK#1 we have graphs like these so peeps know that…

like cases are 5x higher than before we could measure

I like parts of it. Not all. I don’t think you’re a complete waste of time.

• Germany has reported a new record of 23,542 daily infections, dampening hopes that a national partial lockdown might be lifted soon
  • Ukraine has also registered a record number of new Covid-19 cases - 11,787 in 24 hours. President Volodymyr Zelenskiy is among those being treated in hospital for the disease
  • There was better news from France where new infections and hospital admissions dropped sharply at the end of the second week of its new national lockdown

“This is an incredibly exciting update from the CDC since messaging that allows the public to know that masks protect you as well as others will be more powerful in convincing skeptics that masks are important in public spaces to slow down spread and disease from COVID-19,” Gandhi said.

2 Likes