COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Would have to know the % positive trend as well.

Trending down. They were 9ish% positive last week.

More like 1500 on average but in line with what’s been seen elsewhere.

That Aaron guy gets more annoying by the day

I’ve been off the last three days, but I go in tonight and tomorrow.

Will report back

12 Likes

I’m more concerned with what the government’s response will be.

An outbreak in Nigeria is just one of Africa’s alarming hot spots.

The number of deaths is known? Using what measure.

Not sure about the article you’re all talking about but excess deaths seems a decent check on reported numbers. It’s available reliably in at least some places. Someone posted earlier about Canada, I think, and I know people are tracking across multiple countries (the FT?). France’s data is available reported every two weeks and it gets talked about in France a decent amount.

Since they started making a proper effort here to track deaths in care homes the COVID deaths seem probably roughly accurate—up to the 4th of May the number of deaths attributed to COVID added to the figures from 2019 (which 2020 was tracking closely until mid March) is slightly higher (3%) than the actual deaths recorded this year in France.

I fear for the people of poor African countries if the virus starts ripping through there.

4 Likes

7 Likes

What’s the latest on NSAIDs? Is there any more clarity on whether they exacerbate things? I’ve got arthritis in my hip and Tylenol just isn’t cutting it lately.

The OPEN FOR BUSINESS spike is still 7-10 days away, right?

1 Like

Someone itt ballparked 75% for net mask efficiency. Pretty much what was achieved here. On top of that that hamsters with masks got weaker cases.

I think they put mask partitions up not masks on the hamsters but cute picture.

6 Likes

The open for business spike in cases is 7-10 days but that one is only visible with enough testing. Deaths will also spike again but that could take 3 weeks or more as dying takes time. That lag and asymptomatic cases is going to kill a lot of people and not only in the USA.

This kid gives me hope for humanity

1 Like

There’s going to be a fair bit of irony in the number of deaths that result from people who insist on celebrating Memorial Day this coming weekend.

Possibly sooner in GA, Wisconsin and maybe Texas.

South Carolina leaning heavily on seasonality. Even if they’re right about Covid, I’d hate to see the data on STD rates among college students arriving back on campus after 6 months of quarantine w/ their parents.

https://twitter.com/JoeBrunoWSOC9/status/1262215657560686597?s=19

1 Like

Florida did spring break April 6-10th right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+cases+florida&rlz=1C1AWFC_enUS836US836&oq=covid+cases+florida&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.4561j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8