COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

Chris Cuomo of CNN has reported similar symptoms including the weird dreams.

2 Likes

Heā€™s losing his touch. Used to be able to zap posts in under a minute. I always wondered if he had written some kind of auto-load script or if heā€™s mashin F5 like a maniacā€¦

Mods trying to run off Victor while wellnazi is welcomed with open arms is just too good. Going to start brushing up on the 14 words so I can hopefully survive the transition.

4 Likes

LFS going with the Mike Tyson theory of running lol

Really though Iā€™ve started running earlier as well there is almost no one out in my neighborhood until 9am and Iā€™m getting tired of having to dodge people all the time. Starting to realize Iā€™m gonna be stuck with nothing to do for a long time and I really need to get busy working out more. My 70 year old mother is walking 2x a day for 7~ miles total if anyone wants to be ashamed of themselves for being lazy.

1 Like

Wait, is 2+2 really only generating 87 posts per day?

New York now has more deaths per 1 million in population than any country in the world except for San Marino. Sad!

No. Maybe P&S? I probably make 30 posts a day on 22.

All aboard the herd immunity express! Except with the new R0 # - it needs to be like 88% now.

Say What?

Your posted article said they are booked the next 2 weeks so you need to make an appointment for the end of the month now.

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/democratic-primaries-2020-new-thread-lame-title/1453/310

In Ohio or something. Iā€™m trying West LA tomorrow.

Better article on the Stanford study:

I think this is the company that makes the actual tests: https://premierbiotech.com/innovation/covid-19/

So the OOT C19 thread was pretty worried about RSigley. Hereā€™s his return:

Thanks for all the support. I actually ended up with the big 'rona

Went on Sunday when I wasnā€™t feeling good and finally got a test but tested negative for both 'rona and the flu. By Tuesday I felt fine. Then a couple days later I was on deathā€™s door. Got re tested, positive.

Never ended up needing a ventilator, just felt like something was sitting on my chest non stop. I could only sleep in some weird position that was half on my side, half on my back. The pain and coughing went away after 8 days, but even now Iā€™m still having after effects. When I went to the doctor today they re-tested me and it came up positive again but I currently feel fine.

I tried to do cardio the past couple of days and I couldnā€™t get past four minutes. Usually I do 75 minutes of hot yoga a day without much trouble until the end. Iā€™m also tired all the time sleeping about 13 hours a day and losing tons of muscle mass. No appetite really but I want salty things for some reason and Iā€™m always dehydrated no matter how much water I drink.

I havenā€™t gotten the flu in like 10 years but this was definitely worse.

Whatā€™s weird is I donā€™t know where I could have gotten it. The last time I was in a large group was in the Westgate for the Super bowl. After that I went on vacation for 7 weeks to a cabin in Joshua Tree. The supermarkets I went to there were pretty empty and I only went a couple times (bought in bulk). Then when I came back to NV I went to the supermarkets which were crowded, but it was only one day and I started feeling sick only 5 days later which seems like too short of an incubation period.

So either I got it way back in early February and it took 2 months to manifest or somehow I got it with super minimal interaction. Bad luck.

Score -infinity for crowded grocery stores.

1 Like

Coronavirus in New York came mainly from Europe, studies show.

New research indicates that the coronavirus began to circulate in the New York area by mid-February, weeks before the first confirmed case, and that it was brought to the region mainly by travelers from Europe, not Asia.

ā€œThe majority is clearly European,ā€ said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases. Both teams analyzed genomes from coronaviruses taken from New Yorkers starting in mid-March.

The research revealed a previously hidden spread of the virus that might have been detected if aggressive testing programs had been put in place.

They looked at genetic mutation markers. I wonder if itā€™s possible the Euro strain is somehow more severe? @MrWookie?

Alien invasion, we are fucked.

Rsig is a legend.

1 Like

Sounds like he was pretty healthy too if heā€™s doing hot yoga for 75 minutes. And we know heā€™s not old. Also his initial dose should have been pretty small.

Which means he needs to start on that wax museum now before he wakes up one day and itā€™s suddenly too late.

2 Likes

You should tell him 5-6 days is actually the median incubation period.

I did.

1 Like