Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I think they’re arranging that in NYC and LA - one or both I heard for sure.

1 Like

Hi m_reed

I drive for a living and this is a bad idea, do 3.45 hrs-then a break of 15/30 mins to refresh and go for a walk to stretch your body out.

Maybe on the way back you should be doing it every 3 hours as 80 year olds tend not to travel well for longer, and need toilet breaks.

What I would do is…

• 3.45 hour drive time, then 15/20min breaks.
  • Book a rest stop at 12 hours and split the journey as above
  • Travel the rest, if I heard you correctly then it’s 5 hours and take a short 15min break at some spot to stretch.

Coming back…

*If able to do so, travel with the grandparents and take another rest stop in again after you do 2x 3hour drives or shorter. And get a sleep again.

*Rest up and prepare for the next 9/10 hours drive mapping out breaks and food stops and make sure the grandparents don’t get cramped etc in the vehicle.

Good Luck :v:

3 Likes

It’s amazing. Looking at the feeds of some of the biggest deplorables I know…

Absolutely nothing about coronavirus. Nothing.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1238278421391777797

Always
Be
Trolling

:)

4 Likes

They’ll be in denial until someone they know is at death’s door.

It’s gonna be a blast when this is all over, and it’s plain as day which countries handled it well and which didn’t - but 40% of the country is still going to believe Trump did the best job any president possibly could have under the circumstances.

1 Like

A deplorable doctor I know post shit constantly. Up until Wednesday he was posting a bunch flu whataboutism and how this is all panic over nothing. Wash your hands and stay home and calm down.

He hasn’t posted anything in 2 days. That’s likely the longest he’s gone without making an anti-Bernie or Corona related post in legitimately a year.

2 Likes

Yeah, Johnny, just to expand on this post, the workflow goes like:

• On an Android or iOS device, use the Overdrive or Libby app to browse your library’s selection and check out what you want (or place a hold, as is often necessary).
  • Once you’ve checked out the book, there will be a button within the app to “Read with Kindle.” (This is the exact wording in Libby, Overdrive is similar).
  • Press the button, it opens a page in your phone browser where you can log into Amazon, then send the Kindle e-book to your Kindle device.
  • Turn on your Kindle and the book should “magically” appear there.

This all assumes you’ve set up your Kindle and linked it to your Amazon account, etc. Once you have it working it’s really easy and slick.

3 Likes

Lol read this:

1 Like

I assume everyone realised that that 100,000 cases in Ohio thing was probably bullshit, but in case you didn’t:

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1238290215178887169

Give it a couple weeks

Welp.

ALTA cancelled the spring tennis season :frowning:

And schools are online only next week with more info next Thursday for the following week’s plan.

Where do I sign up? I don’t see a thread for this.

It was halfway a joke, but we absolutely should start a thread

Edit: thread

2 Likes

Don’t give up just yet, he’s moved back ahead of Hillary on PI!

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I have about 50 rolls. At first I couldn’t find tissues, so I was buying like 2x tp to use as tissues if needed. I also forgot I had bought a like huge package of it a month or so ago unrelated, put it in the trunk at the store, forgot to bring it in and it’s been there. I also just got a bidet, been meaning to for a while and this seemed like a great time.

So I think I’m good on TP until around the time we get a vaccine lol…

Diluted bleach or rubbing alcohol and a rag. Come on bros.

2 Likes

Is this a thing? I haven’t played an online video game in years, but got a Switch a couple months ago.

Fauci was on TV tonight saying that he doesn’t think people should worry about the mail too much, it’s not a surface it would live on for long enough to still be there by the time it passed through the mail. I suppose the mailman could infect it, but that’s about it.

IMO just have people under 40 handle opening them up. What’s on the inside won’t have been touched 2-3 days, the virus can’t live that long on paper.

That one study said it could live for a day on cardboard.