Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It takes more than a week for me to go through 1 roll. 50 rolls might be a year supply for one person.

DON’T TRUST THOSE WIMPY BLEACHES

USE CLOROX BRAND BLEACH: THE KOVID KILLER!

jesus fucking christ

1 Like

I thought I had a cold but then my temperature went up last night to about 100 F (37.9 C). That’s not quite high enough to be considered a “fever,” I don’t think, but my normal temperature is at the low end of normal, about 96.8 F (36 C). So maybe this is a mild case of flu. Rationally, I know it’s very unlikely this is coronavirus since there’s no evidence yet of community spread here. I feel quite a bit better now but my temperature is still a little elevated compared to my normal.

I’m antsy sitting here in my tiny apartment. I have minimal symptoms now and I’d like to go out tomorrow to do some shopping and see friends but would feel a little guilty about potentially exposing others to whatever this was.

Why don’t you just get tested?

Pro golf is now cancelled for the next month, even without spectators. Domestic sports viewing options are down to…NASCAR? obviously that will be cancelled between now and sunday too. They’ve already cancelled next week’s race.

Just not when GG does it…

Esports will be the only game around. I wonder if sports channels will start broadcasting it more to fill air time.

Are you really still thinking the Trump administration is planning this shit out? I mean no one takes you seriously, but are you really trying to peddle that shit? They have shown time and time again that they are short sighted and really stupid, why would an actual crisis suddenly make them better at things?

I’ll give you this, you’re good at saying things so fucking stupid it’s impossible to not respond, so good work troll I’m done thinking you add anything to this site.

1 Like

It’s not clear if I can get tested. If I can, I may not be able to afford it. I’m poor, unemployed and uninsured. CV a pretty low probability rn, I think. On the other hand, consequences to others could be severe. I’ll try telehealth in the morning and see what a doc recommends.

NASCAR is going closed door, not canceled. I guess they’re unique because they don’t have to worry about competitors infecting each other.

One pit crew guy is gonna get it and they’ll shut it down.

NASCAR might actually get through to some of the derpers.

1 Like

i’m just gonna go ahead and take the next month off then :man_shrugging:t3: i’d like to thank the taxpayers in ohio.

I should add,

when you can’t find a generic jug of bleach or rubbing alcohol, that’s when you panic. When you can’t find Lysol/Clorox Brand Wipes™ you just weep for humanity, for an entirely different reason.

1 Like

but Jbro, whoever the fuck that is, thinks they’re overconfident… and he doubled-down with some tangential reply about market-stabilizing measures by the Trump-led abortion administration.

I’ll say it again, some will not let a single positive development pass without a retarded take

Starting next week school is cancelled for my HS kids’ district.

Pretty wild shit going on tbh

2 Likes

So, disappointingly we’re stuck in Palo Alto for a week because we’re going to have a big snow event and we can’t get back from Reno on Monday - we’d been pretty good at “sheltering in place” at a house we’re staying at, but we’re gonna have to make a grocery/beer/wine run tomorrow. The good news is that I got cleared for my clinical trial - the bad news I had it made clear to me that it would be a BAD idea to not show up for week 4, when my new meds/radiation schedule kicks in - I’d probably excused from the program. We COULD fly back early Monday from Reno, but I’d be screwed if SWA decided to cut flights without us knowing. So we’ll stay here with Netflix and take out, I guess. I’ll give an update on stores, for anyone who cares - Tuesday it was pretty much a normal shopping day at a high end Safeway, so we’ll see.

Otherwise, stay safe out there.

MM MD

25 Likes

A few districts in Illinois are cancelled starting tomorrow, most aren’t.

Let history record that 2 things happening simultaneously kicked everything off: Trump’s speech/Europe ban and one NBA player testing positive. I guess that says a lot about the USA.

And Tom Hanks

4 Likes

Message from the federal court that covers LA/OC/Riverside/Santa Barbara/San Bernardino.

"Therefore, effective immediately, the following persons shall not enter any courthouse or probation and pretrial services office in the Central District of California:

• Persons who have traveled to any countries within the last fourteen days for which the CDC has issued Level Two or Level Three travel health notices, including, as of the date of this order:

China
           Italy
           Iran
           Japan
           South Korea

(This list may be updated as further guidance is received.)

• Persons who reside or have had close contact with someone who has traveled to any of those countries within the last fourteen days;
  • Persons who have been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, or health agency;
  • Persons who have been diagnosed with, or have had contact with, anyone who has been diagnosed with the coronavirus;
  • Persons with apparent symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, severe cough, or shortness of breath."