Coronavirus (COVID-19)

https://mobile.twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1238214044403859456

7 Likes

The Patrick Stewart bit is amazing. Some previously-unseen pics of nerd kid Pete

2 Likes

You’re not supposed to eat your stash, bro! Get your head in the game.

4 Likes

My hiking group canceled all their group hikes. Not a big deal since I gave up trying to keep up with them anyway. But it occurs to me the parks might just shut down and close the trails completely soon. That will suck.

1 Like

Jeez, yeah. I used to do 28-ish hours in two days a lot in my 20’s and it wrecked me every time.

I made deal early on in my trip no more than 10 hours. I almost hit a guy on a bike in Mexico after a 12 hour day.

1 Like

I really don’t think there’s much question about what you’ve done. @anon10396289 at the TP factory needs to keep going in to work though!

2 Likes

Need this everywhere.

Now the thing you have to know from history is that the trains didn’t actually especially run on time in WWII and pre-WWII Italy. Trump will go down as the dictator who kept the grocery shelves full of toilet paper.

And no, this post does not belong in the other thread!

1 Like

17 Likes

Ponied

People who can work/study from home should. People who we need to go to work should.

I don’t really know about the stuff in between. We need a revolution or something I guess.

6 Likes

Feels like being outside, as long as you’re not on top of people, would be pretty safe. Open spaces, fresh air. A hiking group might be a bad idea, but just going for a walk or run should be cool, no?

Yeah but people have to maintain the bathrooms and stuff and they love to close the parks any time there’s a govt shutdown or whatever. Also if they have to rescue us off the mountain now everyone’s at risk of virus.

He’s a stable genius, so he’d never be so shortsighted. I mean, have you listened to the main talk? The intelligence oozes from his brain in the form of the best words you’ve ever heard.

If he believed it was going to kill a few hundred thousand people, and that it wouldn’t be bad enough to kill a few million (or more), he could easily think that by not testing he wouldn’t get blamed for it because he could keep talking about how it was bad flu season, and more of those were flu deaths than coronavirus deaths, etc…

He got away with it in Hurricane Maria, he turned 3,000 deaths into 40 deaths for long enough to get away with it. He was trying to do it with 300,000 deaths into 4,000. Doesn’t look like he’s going to get away with it this time.

As Chris Hayes said, “You can’t BS your way through a pandemic.”

2 Likes

Absolutely. Anyone isolating needs to be at least walking around the block, getting some air. We’re all going to die of mental illness if we live in solitary.

3 Likes

Why go outside when you can join the Unstuck Mario Kart 8 Online League

10 Likes

Parks should stay open barring total shutdowns imo.

People are walking around in Italy. It’s not like crowded, but I watched some of those “deserted streets” videos and they all had some people out.

1 Like

The school district for my town just announced that in the event of a closure they have a plan in place with Aramark to distribute meals to families who receive free and reduced-price meals. That seems like something every school district should be organizing like yesterday, yet this is the first time I’ve heard it.

7 Likes