Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What’s the percentage for North Americans? Lower than average euro?

Edit: Google tells me it’s about 66% for Americans

Lol at Mike matusow knowing math.

5 Likes

Yea, my wife has made fun of me for the last month as I tried to warn about the coronavirus.

Jokes on her. When we’re quarantined and starving to death, I know there’s a 20 pound bag of rice in the basement, and she doesn’t.

16 Likes

He still thinks Postle wasn’t cheating. He just made REALLY good reads. I’m not kidding. He thinks this.

He is hands down the dumbest famous poker player. By a wide margin.

2 Likes

My wife asked me tonight if we should stock up on stuff like that. I wanted to laugh at her, but at the same time I kind of agreed. Like, what’s the harm in having a little bit extra of various staples? I feel like there’s a fine line between rational preparations and catastrophizing, and I don’t think I’ll know when I cross over that line.

1 Like

Oh fuck off CNN

1 Like

Literal truth. Trump as a poker player is Matusow full stop, right down to the table mannerisms

I used to be a “rarely wash after peeing” (always washed after shits) person because I assumed my dick was pretty clean, being inside my pants and protected from the outside world and all. But no joke, after getting the flu I now wash every single time, not because I think my dick is dirty, but because I’m already in a bathroom and might as well take the opportunity to wash my hands, and being sick fucking sucks.

Wash your damn hands.

Gonna tank the market even further

I don’t think anybody got this in 2010 (thread), any love in 2020?

4 Likes

He was dumb, did a ton of drugs, then completely spiraled when he lost to Hamilton. Feel kind of bad for the guy, but he’s always been a bad person.

Not sure who has more bankruptcies tbh.

I couldn’t find The Onion video with the government official saying “wash your fucking hands… with soap!” So here’s a PSA instead.

1 Like

Hot air hand dryers tho

1 Like

Oh wow. Guess I’ve never washed my hands in my life.

4 Likes

95% confidence interval is eitjer 0.9% to 4% or 0.8% to 3.2% depending on how long it stays detectable in the patient, which we still don’t know. We also don’t know how many infected aren’t going to hospital at all. It’ll be a while before we get enough numbers to tell more precisely. So according to them, right now, if a million people catch it its as likely that 40k die as 9k.

Their bayesian models are wildly different, with 95% credible intervals from like 11% to 85%,or something. This part needs more work or more data to be useful imo.

1 Like

Have fun with the weevils.

I let some rice sit for a couple months. Went to finish it off. Why is my rice moving around? Am I tripping and don’t know it?

Don’t worry I’m sure a damp basement is the best place to stave them off.

1 Like

In life we often have to choose the lesser of two weevils

14 Likes

I wonder how much of this might be different in different cultures. The Swedes like to stand 10’ apart and it’s cold. They may come out unscathed. The Italians would probably rather die than not kiss each other on the cheek.

In Argentina they all drink this tea thing with a straw and share the damn straw. At least our guide in Patagonia did.

Apparently over 86 degrees F is also bad for cold and flu on surfaces - which may help in hot poor places w/o AC.

Is it weird that I find this video kinda hot?

3 Likes