COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Hi there. There should not be inside eating at the restaurant. I agree with that.

But the world we live in here in Lolamerica allows it. Should be open instead of schools? Of course not? Should we ignore the community spread when deciding about OFS-
Yes??? Of course the answer is no. But then some can’t understand the distinction.

But thanks for taking that shot with your boomerang.

1 Like

We’ve moved the goalposts a bit, no? The original claim was that kids don’t spread COVID bad cause reasons. We’ve now moved it to “teachers get it just as readily as other workers?”

3 Likes

I was working in Wise VA last year. That area is definitely bass akwards.

Today Vermont opened Level 4: 65-70 year olds

My dad is in this group and made an appointment this morning. Made it for two days from now, but then they called him and said they had extra doses, want a shot today?

Tomorrow they’re planning an announcement for Level 5 starting next Monday, two weeks earlier than expected.

For the first time I’m actually hopeful that my wife and I will get shot #1 in April.

12 Likes

They’re used to having infections spread around though.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realGulDukat/status/1366546550877523973?s=19

It’s been just over a year ago since we all learned how to wash our hands.

4 Likes

It’s weird how Riker got sexier as he got older and fatter. I wish I knew how that worked.

1 Like

The early NG episodes are painful to watch. Young Riker comes on screen I can’t help but dislike that poser.

STNG didn’t hit stride until they got rid of wesley crusher

1 Like

Twas not meant to be a shot at yourself, I noted your kerbside collect, 2hr wait for tables was why I referenced.

The spread of highly contagious coronavirus variants is threatening to fuel a “potential fourth surge of cases” in the US, a top health official has warned.

Secondary pupils in England will be asked to take a rapid lateral flow test twice a week to help identify anyone who might be infectious.

Pupils are required to be given three initial tests at school or college before moving to home testing. There is no testing planned for primary school pupils.

Prof Semple, a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, told BBC Breakfast: “The good news is we’re finding quite low rates of active infection within the schools.”

He said 1.2% of secondary students and 1.6% of teachers had tested positive, quoting a survey published on Monday by the Office for National Statistics. The ONS tested about 12,000 pupils and teachers in early December.

In some areas, only 0.4% of the tests came back positive, Prof Semple said.

1 year ago:

1 Like

Wow, the shelves at my Kroger were about twice as empty as that.

1 Like

Still have half a box of ramen and some rice I got last year. Conveniently, also about a dozen rolls of TP remaining.

I assumed the point of that photo was nobody buying Goya for being MAGA loving crazies.

The entire section in that first photo was Goya. All the black and kidney beans were cleared out, but some of the less popular products were still available.

Grocery stores didn’t start getting picked clean here until about a week later.

The Goya boycott was after the pandemic started.

1 Like

Time is loop for me.

1 Like

Pretty sure the point of the photo is that Upper East Siders think black-eyed peas and macaroni shells are too gauche.