Coronavirus (COVID-19)

You were awesome in that.

PREACH

I guess I mean “we’re all getting exposed to this thing”.

captain tripps is loose in the wild, americans are never going to go for large-scale quarantines, we’re all gonna get it. i just hope it hits here after the spring break vacation so i can get the maximum video game smoking weed time out of this

ZeroWater pitchers remove 99.6% of hexavalent chromium according to NSF International. Activated carbon isn’t their only ingredient. But the filters are >$10 a pop and only last for 2 weeks (for someone like me with nastier than average tap water in a household of two). Not much cheaper than stockpiling 1-gallon jugs of distilled water.

From things I’ve read, my impression is that the country’s tap water is gross in general, with chromium being only part of the problem. My town’s tapwater has a high concentration of PFOA’s thanks to years of the military testing a flame-suppressing foam at a nearby air base.

Scene at Upper East Side Fairway

While some regions have poor quality water in the US, on average you have very clean water. Most people should never worry about their water quality if they are on a public system. Now if you live in flint…

https://epi.envirocenter.yale.edu/epi-indicator-report/UWD?country=

1 Like

I go to the water store every few weeks for my house and get up to 40 gallons filled in 10 different jugs and I take almost every faucet when it’s slow and I’ve literally never seen anyone in two years of doing it getting more than me. Now who’s laughing at all these jugs now huh assholes? Nah I’m gonna start looking like a crazy person when I go, if I didn’t already. I’m actually interested to see if there’s like a run on all the jugs and dispensers they usually have on display next time I go in. I’m sure the guy who I always bullshit with that works there will have some interesting stories of people panic buying water.

1 Like

Officials in Washington State confirmed on Sunday two more cases of coronavirus in King County, bringing the total in the county to six and the number in the United States to 73.

The two men in their 60s were in critical condition, King County officials said.

“This number is expected to rise as more people are tested and results confirmed,” public health officials in Seattle and King County said in a statement on Sunday.

Washington State has declared a state of emergency over the coronavirus, and researchers who studied two cases there say that the virus may have been spreading for weeks, with the possibility that up to 1,500 people may have been infected.

Thought the first photo was JohnnyTruant’s cupboard again for a second…

4 Likes

Paris has closed the Louvre.

This seems more encouraging than I would expect, no?

Thought this article gave some good insight into just what has gone wrong and how with scaling up the testing for COVID-19 in the US thus far:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/united-states-badly-bungled-coronavirus-testing-things-may-soon-improve

1 Like

I also have a Zojirushi rice cooker. Nobody loves the music more than the level 2 guy in this video though (skip to 1:15 for rice cooker joy):

Pretty overrated imo

1 Like

Even if it were true, drinking tap water for a few weeks isn’t going to give you cancer.

Apparently some small minority of people get infected with the influenza virus, but are asymptomatic. Maybe you’re one of those people. Or maybe it was milder and you thought it was just a cold.

However, just because you react that way to influenza doesn’t mean it will be the same for coronavirus.

Or maybe you really never got the flu.

In any case, I’m sure that you don’t have much to worry about whether you get it or not.

My nurse friend is giving me an n95 mask. Definitely gonna take it but surprised she thinks it will help me from catching it.

But it will come in handy for sure. I can wear it whenever I’m around my mom just in case.

So people either get it and it isn’t bad enough to warrant a hospital trip or are asymptomatic.

1 Like