Brother to join the forum

Hi everyone,
I am wirelessgrinder’s brother - he can vouch if needed as he is aware of my username. I expect a lot of nonsense about my username and I’ll preface with my love of the South is not rooted in hate, racism or ignorance. Maybe y’all can get past it if you want to discuss things “in good faith.” Now with that in mind I want to be upfront that my comments are to be taken as is - there is no hidden meaning, etc.

Now – wireless and I have discussed many things and he encouraged me to ask this question.

Is it racist to criticize someone of a different race than you are? Such as - I openly admit I didn’t vote for or support obama. I didn’t care for his handling of many things, I won’t go into that now but felt I should add something to avoid any doubt otherwise.

It’s possible to oppose someone of any colour on politically ideological grounds without being racist (unless you’re opposing policies because they inhibit racism). Is that what you’re claiming with Obama?

Bump

1 Like

Are you satisfied with Trump’s tv ratings throughout this crisis or do you think they could be higher?

4 Likes

Trouble here on my tablet. Yes and in general. It’s been said it was racist of me to say I didn’t like LeBron James because I feel he whines too much. And asked " why did you choose a black guy to say that about? "

Are you happy or super duper happy that we took our country back?

4 Likes

I’m also a Euro and have nfi about Lebron James but as you’re getting so many questions please can you hit the grey Reply button in the post you’re replying to, not the blue Reply button, so people know which post you’re responding to?

Dude, I don’t know if we can handle spitting such hot fire.

I say we ban him before he makes us look more foolish.

7 Likes

Heritagenothate

Can you elaborate on your love of the South, and why you feel it may be misinterpreted as racism or hate? I assume that by ‘loving the South’ you mean something other than pulled pork and NASCAR, right?

1 Like

It’s possible to criticize someone of a different race without being race. Context and intent matter, however. It is possible for two people to criticize the same person in superficially similar ways, but for one to be racist and the other not to be.

Not all racism is obvious and in-your-face. Sometimes, it is nuanced and subtle.

tenor

1 Like

How come you make it a point to whine about Lebron but not Tom Brady?

1 Like

fyp

2 Likes

Well, so much for supporting conservative values without saying racist shit. Couldn’t get past the username, a new record.

The heritage you celebrate is based on and steeped in treating one group of people as literal property. Your not thinking it was doesn’t make it so, the entire concept of the “Gentleman Farmer” that the Southern Mystique grew up around was only made possible by buying and selling slaves.

13 Likes

As a born and raised southerner (Georgia), myself. What exactly do you mean by your love of the south and the heritage part of your username?

2 Likes
  1. Who do you think is in general more intelligent - you or your brother?

2. If you had participated in this thread ***Biggest Assholes Alive Draft Thread*** - #209 by Riverman who would be your 5 picks?

1 Like

Pointing out that LeBron is a crybaby who whines and pouts too much when refs call a foul against him is not racist. Laura Ingraham-style “shut up and dribble” complaints are more likely to veer into the territory of racism.

People that call LeBron a whiner are the same type of people who called Michael Jordan a ballhog.

But these same people love them some Bobby Knight and Nick Saban.

3 Likes

People on the left are in general nicer to others than people on the right are, though not by an overwhelming margin like 80/20 imo (and excluding people who only claim to be on the left).

Ok - moved to the laptop so I can navigate better.

Now - since everyone is burning to know my opinion about the virus situation, i figured replying all would be better than individually etc so we can consolidate this perhaps.

Doing the travel ban was a good idea, even though others may disagree it was a good start. I think he’s doing the best he can with what he’s got. I’m not sure anyone had any real idea on how it would go, or what he was told upfront. I’ll try not to generalize you all here, but as far as the “fifteen cases” down to zero - perhaps that was the situation then as best he knew. If someone can point me to evidence he knew better, I’ll be happy to check it out. I also have an open mind enough to think maybe we’re not being told the entire truth, by anyone.