Anarchism

lol I’m not annoyed but you seem to be tilting a little

also I like that you think all of europe is under the same system, its cute

1 Like

Are you joking about Europe? It had a lot of slavery for thousands of years, mass persecutions, centuries of near incessant wars, Imperialism, totalitarianism, the Holocaust, two world wars, numerous financial crashes, mass unemployment, hyper-inflation, grinding poverty and child mortality rates, child labour…you name the failure, Europe had it.

2 Likes

So did basically every single society that has ever existed. Seems like it’s had a pretty decent run the last ~70 years.

Onebraincelltripping,

Again, feel free to put me on ignore. Since you seem incapable of doing so, either due to your own lack of self control (a feature of low intelligence) or because you simply won’t let anything go, I will from this point ignore you. Sorry to the rest of the thread. People like him, sabo, watevs, 6ix and the rest of the confrontational douche crowd are exactly what’s wrong with this forum. The confrontational douche crowd (CDC) also seems to have very similar political leanings, and I’m not quite sure what to make of that.

By the same token you could say the US has had a very decent run since WW2 if you don’t count the racism against some of its own people and the misery inflicted on other countries.

I would offer the US as an example of a successful capitalist society, but I think I define success a little differently than probably the people here would.

Yeah at this point I think we have different ideas of what success and failure look like.

lol i don’t ignore anyone, i like seeing all the posts even if they are dumb. And awww don’t get so mad you don’t have to call people names just because I loled at your post

maybe you will put all of us CDCs (lol) on block since you can’t seem to handle what people post on here and tilt right away

1 Like

Well the definition appears to often be arbitrary and sometimes based on whether someone can be “dunked” on.

Conservatives are greedy with money, liberals are greedy with intelligence.

So what are the anachronism-based societies that have had a better run? And will they scale up to a place the size of the US?

Systems like the US’s wins, not scales, because we kill all the people who have different systems.

Like anarchist Spain, Rojava will eventually fall, not fail.

@Sabo "When other peeps post things like “Anarchism is inherently anti-capitalist”, or discuss real world examples like revolutionary Spain or Rojava… they aren’t talking about “small communes can work and maximize human happiness”.

There is an aspect of these conversations that causes frustration on a consistent basis–category error. It’s a result of how our language can use similar/identical words to identify different concepts.

For example, I know that @suzzer99 is writing a book about his travels through Mexico and Central America. I think that is a really cool project, and I look forward to reading the finished product, even if it ends up at 100k+ words :smile:

Imagine if suzzer were sharing a story about his travels with a friend and he told them about the nice families he’d met in Mexico who’s “padres”(fathers) were local artists. And how he then went to a old mission-style church in Zacatecas and spoke with the “padres”(priests). If his friend responded to his story by saying, “I could never enjoy those experiences! I’ve always hated the “padres”(baseball team) because I’m a dodgers fan.” You’d catch the stumbling block in the communication right away. And if his friend insisted on talking about the Padres(baseball team) and the Dodgers, well his friend would be derailing the conversation.

This is precisely what is happening in the conversations ITF and back on 22. In this case to do with the series of letters arranged in this order: a-n-a-r-c-h-y.

So, when you(jmakin) interject and ask about ACism in the context of others talking about things like Rojava or the Spanish revolution, you’re doing what suzzer’s friend is doing in my hypothetical example. I don’t think you are doing it intentionally or maliciously, but I will be candid and say that it is surprising that this has been going on for a ~decade here and 22.

Imagine if despite suzzer’s clarifications his hypothetical friend was still insisting on talking about the Padres and Dodgers 10 years later. It would be hard not to laugh or roll your eyes at that person. Right?

2 Likes

The examples people like to cite are parts of Scandinavia, but that conveniently ignores the period before 1945.

That’s the problem with only looking at the Europe of the past 70 years - the whole reason it’s been relatively peaceful is because the spectre of WW2 devastation and the Holocaust has been hanging heavily over it, hence the birth of the EU.

If you look at the Europe of the past ~500 years despite a lot of highlights it’s been a fucking disaster for a large number of people, and if the EU fails it might well end up as one again.

1 Like

As I mentioned above, issues of scalability would be structural, and be independent of the purpose of the organization. We know that they scale successfully up through seven figures, with no ceiling in sight.

To make a positive argument that this scalability somehow breaks down between seven and nine figures would require an actual theoretical, and perhaps historical, review of things.

Cliffs: scalability is not an issue.

I realize now where the source of confusion is here, I referred to anarchism as ACism which here is known as anarcho-capitalism. That was my mistake and believe it or not I know there are differences between the two.

Call it whatever you want or call me ignorant for thinking the conversation is about anarchy (again I just realized now I made an unintentional error and referred to it as ACism, when I meant anarchism - not anarcho-capitalism) when it’s been mentioned several times. Is there an answer to my question? Are there any large successful communities that fit whatever exact -ism we’re discussing here? I am genuinely curious. It is not my intent to derail the conversation, and I will ignore the tone of your post because I believe it is with good intent, but I am not a child wandering into the conversation. I was around 22 politics for these discussions going way back.

The tone of my post? Seriously, what are talking about? My post was entirely respectful. I didn’t call you a child. I didn’t call you ignorant. I didn’t call you names. I didn’t mock or deride you.

In fact, I correctly identified the error in communication that was going on(ACism/=anarchy as it relates to Rojava or revolutionary Spain) without attributing malice to you, and you agreed that was the source of the miscommunication.

I will admit that I have a hard time understanding how you perceive yourself to be knowledgeable about ACism and how it /=anarchy while simultaneously stating that this is gibberish:

Which @oneeyedtripping was able to parse as:

Then you went into a spiral of calling people “douches”, telling them to “slobber on someone else’s cock”, and clown emojis. I won’t be joining you in that journey, as it’s not my preferred path of communication.

1 Like

I was referring to that post as gibberish because of the language involved was nonsensical, not because of its content. As a response to sabo calling another poster’s post gibberish, which struck me as extremely ironic coming from a person that routinely speaks in his own made-up vocabulary and characters.

As I acknowledged in my post, I believe your post was with good intent and respectful, but it struck me as a little infantalizing. Sorry I took it that way. I do understand the point sabo was trying to make (poorly).

Thanks for the good response, I have more questions but maybe I’ll just pm them.

AFAICT, sabo stated that what suzzer posted was gibberish. It’s not my preferred language usage, but it was addressed at the content of what was posted. Sabo didn’t call suzzer(the poster) a “douche” or tell him to “slobber on a cock”. I was under the impression that ITF we attempt to discuss the posts people make and not attack the posters. Nobody is perfect, myself included.

1 Like

So basically, no, you can’t give me any meaningful alternative systems that will actually work.

Oh I see. I thought we were having an interesting chat where we might share a few thoughts, not another tedious gotcha contest, but that was probably expecting too much. My bad.

1 Like