Anarchism

In the context of chatting about the “anarchism” exemplified by Rojava and the Spanish Revolution, suzzer has brought up his experiences at Burning Man festival, his buddy subscribing to a magazine 20+ years ago, and ACism. None of those things are on topic. For the same reason that talking about the Padres baseball team is a non-sequitor when discussing padres(aka fathers).

If you are discussing fathers(padres), how many times do I get to bring up baseball teams(padres) before you’d say to me: “you have no idea what you are talking about, and have even less interest in educating yourself”? Once? Twice? More than that? Regardless, at some point it is an accurate description of what is happening.

Calling people “douches” and telling them to “suck cock”…well that’s always an insult.

2 Likes

Is this LC worthy or does it deserve its own thread?

Sorry but in what possible world is sabo’s original post not abusive? You keep bringing up things I’ve said while ignoring the context of the conversation and sabo’s original response. It does not seem you are arguing in good faith here.

Absolutely hate when I roll a d20 for a metaphor check and it comes up blowjobs. Unlucky!

nice of you to completely remove agency for one person while assigning the worst intentions to the other, very fair treatment from someone very concerned about the use of language

1 Like

Capitalism destroys the earth as we know it…but what was the alternative?

3 Likes

Yea make fun of an ESL speaker for their choice of words, classy as always. She clearly meant unfortunate, but you know that. Never miss a chance to be shitty, do you?

1 Like

It is not my job to police every bit of communication ITF. Immediately prior to me conversing with you ITT, you had directly and explicitly insulted others that you were communicating with: “douches” and “cock sucking”. I have not, and will not do the same.

I brought it up when I responded to you directly, because I wanted to be clear that I would not be going down a communication path where we call each other douches and tell each other to suck cock. I will also not be implying or accusing you of posting in bad faith thing either. I’d appreciate the same in return.

Since you and zarapochka are both bringing up context, I will point out that while the two of you have focused on the singular sabo/suzzer interaction upthread; I have brought up the broader context of the conversation between he and suzzer…I mean this isn’t the first time that they’ve interacted on this exact topic ITF. And I also brought up the broader context of people confusing ACism/Anarchy Magazines/Burning Man Festival/etc. with anarchy as being a category error. I’m taking a wide view, rather narrow view of the conversation.

I addressed that here. What would your answer to my question be?

1 Like

Yea, you’re not arguing in good faith here. Your analogy is not anything like what happened re: sabo’s response to suzzer. There is no world in which sabo’s response was not abusive.

If this is going to be an endless merry-go-round of you claiming that I’m posting in bad faith, while not identifying what you feel is bad faith other than you claiming that you are right and I am wrong about an analogy(where as I’ve stated I’m taking a wide view of context beyond this singular interaction, and you are narrowly focusing on a single interaction), then take care…be best.

With regards to suzzer and sabo interaction, if that was the one and only time that they had interacted on this matter, then I’d agree with you. As I had previously when I said:

alright, so we’re gonna go with “yea, it wasn’t nice language, but he deserved it.”

Since I can’t really argue with that other than to disagree entirely, I guess this is the end of this conversation.

The bad faith arguing is minimizing/ignoring sabo’s language while simultaneously emphasizing my language (and also ignoring the context of that convo). I know you’re aware of it, that’s why I’m saying it’s bad faith. Maybe that’s a poor choice of words and you are simply blindly defending your “tribe,” but either way, it is patently ridiculous to me to look at that sabo post and conclude that suzzer had it coming. Suzzer’s post was fine and did not warrant that response.

This thread needs more discussion of who builds roads in Rojava.

1 Like

Since I was specifically interacting with you ITT, it seemed appropriate to let you know my threshold for being in communication is that we don’t hurl personal insults like calling each other “douches” and telling each other to “slobber on cock”, since that is what you were doing at the time.

It is odd that somehow it was incumbent on me to police people I wasn’t even interacting with ITT on language use, while you weren’t even policing yourself as you were spewing “douches” and “cock slobbing” at others.

lol jfc how this whole thing started was suzzer talking about anarchism based on how he knew it to be which was from 2 friends from college or some shit (one that throws molotovs lol), some burning man experience, and ACers. So yeah umm I’m going to go out on a limb and say he doesn’t quite understand the political theory of anarchism which is where the back and forth between him and sabo started.

It’s already hard enough to have actual discussions on forums but it’s even harder when there isn’t even an agreement of what’s being discussed and people are connecting things to terms that have no actual connection except hey this guy said he was an anarchist and he wants to burn it down so obviously that’s what anarchism is

Seems like there won’t be much meaningful discussion regarding this in here and it’s just gonna be poo flinging so enjoy folks

3 Likes

You’ve let me know so many times now, in so many different ways. I’ve not directed anything remotely like that at you, so I think you can stop saying it, unless you think it’s related to your point at all.

We have also created companies to develop infrastructure and to build roads, with asphalt. All these are local companies—we get no assistance from outside.

3 Likes

I don’t have much time ATM. I just found something on communes providing lighting for roads.

This was obviously an issue for revolutionary Spain. An import-export bank was established to facilitate international trade. This was successful, 90% of the namesake orange crop from Valencia was exported. However, the capitalist governments, including the fascists of course, in general pursued a trade boycott against Spain.

In the region of Valencia, the center of the great orange industry, … the CNT set up an organization for purchasing, packing, and exporting the orange crop with a network of 270 committees in different towns and villages, elbowing out of this important trade several thousand middlemen.

(The Federation’s commercial organization included its own warehouses, trucks, and boats. Early in 1938 the export section established its own agencies in France: Marseilles, Perpignan, Bordeaux, Cherbourg, and Paris.)

Thanks I appreciate it.

I wrote up a huge ranty post then deleted it. I have no idea what’s going on here. Nothing I said was gibberish or hard to understand. I’m out.

What’s was going on here was you ignorantly spewing into multiple threads. This is what is called a “teachable moment”. Going forward, when encountering posts like “Anarchism is inherently anti-capitalist”, will you continue responding like…

• Well I know all about that! Let me tell you about my roommate in college, he just wanted to destroy and burn it all down, And oh yeah, another roommate got the old Anarchy mag 20+ years ago, and that was all about pedophilia. This is just like the ACers! Let me tell you, I’ve only given it maybe 5 minutes thought, but… I have doubts that small hippie-like communes, where everyone just makes up the rules as they go along and don’t necessarily have any particular ideology, will scale up to millions! My last time at Burning Man convinced me that “it” just can’t work.

• Or, will you not spew your ignorance going forward ?