Michigan terrorist group arrested for plotting to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer.

https://twitter.com/rossjonesWXYZ/status/1314581815815004160

Here’s an interview with one of the Sheriffs. Tries to go with the “maybe they were going to make a citizen’s arrest so maybe it wasn’t kidnapping.”

9 Likes

May require them to be successful or reach a near miss before anything of significance changes.

I don’t understand michiganbama at all.

1 Like

Anarcho-Capitalism was always a fundamentally racist ideology that attracted a lot of racists and who’s heroes (is Ron Paul) were themselves racist. Do you argue otherwise?

2 Likes

I wrote a gambling article recently about Michigan and made mention of armed RWNJ’s storming the capitol, yelling at Whitmer to “OPEN UP THE ECONOMY.”

A couple people commented, calling me out for my “bias” and “liberal politics” and what-not.

I’m just sitting here, saying, “AM I WRONG?”

1 Like

Yeah, I’d point out that the ACers didn’t have an ideology. They only had a silly word game to play.

Sure, the ACers self-identified as US liberals, self-identified as a-word-ers, denied being r-word-ers… while they espoused anti-US-liberal-ist views, anti-a-word-ist views, and pro-r-word-ist views.

So… if you just take them at their self-identifications, they are not “racist anarchists”… not at all.

1 Like

Some of those armed RWNJs were literally the ones arrested.

https://twitter.com/evanchill/status/1314603097063383040

No way it gets this bad with a man.

Just imagine an HRC presidency and the epicenter of hatred she would have been - even before covid. Then when covid hits FoxNews would have gone into full-blown fear-driven overdrive just like they did with Ebola. Unimaginable.

Everything would be her fault, my mom would be absolutely terrified of covid and the 50,000 DEAD!!!111! That’s more than Vietnam!!! We’d probably be facing a red tsunami right now.

10 Likes

No ACist would ever self identify as liberal. At least they wouldn’t before Trump, when people now known as leftists identified as liberals.

1 Like

LOL no. ACers are a subset of the libertarian-types. They claim they are liberals because they are for hookers & blow… the old Nolan Chart non-sense about social liberal & fiscal conservative. They also claim they are the “true liberals” because they are the “classic” liberals.

But anyways, that wasn’t really the point.

The point was, if you take the ACers at their self-identifications, in which they claimed to be a-word-ers and disclaimed to be r-word-ers… they most certainly were not “racist anarchists”.

1 Like

I doubt that anarchist dude who joined up with the boogaloo guys thinks about capitalism much one way or the other. He just wants to cause chaos and burn it all down.

My best friend through HS and college was a bomb-throwing anarchist for most of his 20s - at least in spirit. He never actually did anything. He moved to Florida and is a Trumpfan now - largely because he still wants to burn the establishment down, but also because by his own admission he’s kind of racist.

This is why I give any group who has the exact same near-term goals as the boogaloo guys the side-eye. I don’t trust them.

1 Like

Thats really all you need. Never underestimate how much of this is simply misogyny.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JaneLytv/status/1314619087994204160

Not our fault all white Wisconsites have the same chubby moon face.

1 Like

I have always said that the most extreme on the right are nearly indistinguishable from the most extreme on the left. The problem is where you define where “extreme” falls on the left. AOC and the squad for example, are not “extreme” left. They’re just left.

Would you define extremist as Kristallnicht-sounding stuff like “You hate to see it.” and “I’m not wishing death on all landlords. But you can’t blame people for getting violent during this crisis. It’s understandable when someone kills their landlord for trying to evict them. They had it coming.” - after one roommate beheads the other for trying to kick him out over failure to pay rent?

Because that’s basically a position that’s been espoused and seconded and thirded on this forum.

I’d agree, but the extreme on the right includes the President of the United States and many members of the Senate and House of Representatives.

The extreme on the left currently has absolutely no representation in government at any level.

1 Like

What about Joe Biden?

1 Like

Ignoring representation in government, go ahead and define your “militant extremist” wings of both sides, however you like, then make a guess about how many are in each. I think it’s a lock there are more on the right. Now we’re getting into nebulous territory but all evidence points to the number being far more on the right. 2x? 5x? 10x? 20x? No one can say for sure but lumping them in together is beyond irresponsible.

2 Likes

come the fuck on

1 Like

I’m 100% with you on this and I find the endless both sides bullshit on this subject incredibly annoying. You absolutely crushed the life out of the far left in this country decades ago, and you’ve been letting the right wing nutjobs simmer without almost any law enforcement resources aimed at it (in fact law enforcement has been heavily infiltrated by these people).

Then they say ‘what about the tankies’ when we bring up the at least six figure number of right wing extremists there are with guns just itching to fight in a race war (who would constitute an clear and present danger to the government of any country with a normal military budget, thank god we have drones and the marine corps I guess). Please. It’s not that the Weather Underground were good people it’s that it was a long goddamn time ago and communism hasn’t been popular here since the early 40’s.

5 Likes