Activism

Do we not have a thread for this?

Post political activities you can participate in outside of posting here on Unstuck; demonstrations, donations, volunteering, email campaigns, etc.

2 Likes

With all these emoluments violations in the news and thinking about the pitiful lack of protest here in the US ----- how is it that people aren’t protesting all the Trump properties full time?

I’m not sure I’m up for being a solitary crazy person, but anyone else interested in kicking off a No More Emoluments movement or alternatively Occupy Trump. Local chapter for me would be taking action at the Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. Conveniently there’s a public access walkway that goes right through the course.

1 Like

This is a great idea. I don’t think he owns anything in Austin, but if he does I’ll be there weekends being a loud asshole if it’s an option.

I will be going to a DSA Meet and Greet Saturday at 3pm at the Peace Center in Culver City, CA. I’m not a member and won’t be joining - I’m not a joiner - but will be meeting and greeting. Anyone else want to meet and greet me? (and microdaughter)

I know there was another thread, more recent, thread for this, but search got me here. I brought this up in another thread the other day, but supposedly we’ve got someone who will listen to us in the White House coming in. Let’s help him help people. What I’m thinking of is reuniting families. My first hit searching for that is:

Just researching at this point.

1 Like

Just have a second right now, but I’m in. This should be an immediate priority.

I think I overheard Lawrence O’Donnell saying there 666 kidnapped children where they don’t know who or where the parents are.

Still looking for something to do other than give money (not saying that shouldn’t be done). I speak a little Spanish, but not enough. It’s a requirement for some of the volunteer opportunities I’m seeing. I’m looking into improving the Spanish now.

1 Like

Bump. Biden is POTUS tomorrow. Separated families in custody the day after is unacceptable. What can we do?

2 Likes

Last count I can find is 628 children still in the system whose parents have not been found.

1 Like

We need a better plan than last time! - LFS

We should start with more organizing. Who is up for an UnStuck protest at the detention center just outside of LA?

@LFS, @suzzer99 , @MichaelDavis , @MysteryConman , @Sabo , @jmakin , @StimAbuser , @simplicitus , @skydiver8 who else is in Southern California?

5 Likes

Yea, I could be down

2 Likes

Yeah. I was digging through the links you shared yesterday deciding where I wanted to commit financial donations. I have to dig further to find/determine where to best allocate my time resource.

I’m closer to the border than I am to LA, so there may be actions down here that are easier to participate in. But it is only a couple hours up to LA, and I can hop on the train if I need to.

1 Like

I’m willing to go down to SD area

2 Likes

Border/SD area is fine with me too. Strangely we seem to have about as many people from SD as we do from LA around here (although I think there are a few more posters from LA who don’t post about it much).

@Mr_Unstoppable is in San Diego as well. @Ikioi is here in spirit

1 Like

Nice. Let’s do it this weekend! C’mon. With people bringing their family and such we can have 20+ there!

Microdaughter is in!

my family are trumpers, I’m a party of 1. I might be able to convince a friend to come.

I’m also a huge wuss at these things, just as a heads up. I’m not down for like obstructing traffic or anything crazy like that.

Same. My one traffic blocking arrest was 30 years ago and I would have dodged that if my gf at the time hadn’t made it impossible.

1 Like

Bump

What’s better Saturday or Sunday?