Calling All Southern California Residents - Protest ICE soon!

Me, microbet, possibly microdaughter are in. We need at least 2 more. Anyone else in?

From here: Activism

2 Likes

The facility we went to a couple 4th of Julys ago is in beautiful Adelanto, CA on the outskirts of nowhere. We drove around it and waved to some guys who were exercising in a yard, but I think maybe we later learned that was just a jail next door and not the ICE facility, is that correct @microbet? Anyway, there is virtually zero we can do there other than stand around with signs, but I guess that’s the idea. If we plan on getting any actual attention from anyone we’ll do much better if it’s not like four of us.

With all that said, the kid and I are up for it, but I predict that standing on the side of the road in desert wind is going to get old quick. But I should also say I don’t have any better ideas, so.

I mean worst case we could find a taco truck somewhere and have a small (socially distanced) meetup and talk about what else we can do.

There was actually a taco truck directly across the street from the facility when we were there. Mostly guards getting lunch IIRC.

@StimAbuser the convo is now here!

2 Likes

I have now spoken to the wife and she would rather we stay put while hospitals are still overwhelmed on the theory that a simple car accident can get serious quickly these days. My life is better when I do what she wants, so I will be ready to join once things get a little better COVID-wise.

I’m kind of in that boat right now. Also Sunday is Chiefs day and Saturday is my only day to do a ton of shit.

But if we can hook up with an actual protest in the future that isn’t going to be just us jerking each other off I am probably down.

The place to go around here is the ICE detention facility down at Otay Mesa, which is right on the border and actually not to hard to get to.

I’ve been super busy this week, but if we postpone this I can try to find out if any groups have anything coming up that’s already been organized.

2 Likes

Great.

I edited the title because it seems like “this weekend” is not happening.

Let’s get this going in February someone though!

Have fun storming the ICE castle!