The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1351557743300268036?s=21

1 Like

We can keep let them be a permanent unenfranchized underclass. Yeah, I could have come up with other options besides being decent about it myself. If they live here why shouldn’t they be allowed the same rights (and responsibilities) as anyone else? You can move to Boston and start voting in their elections right away.

We need to admit there always have been dungeons, racists and rapists. 50% fewer people in dungeons with 25% shorter stays. 30% fewer bombs dropped. Etc. It’s not good enough.

2 Likes

I’m probably not thinking you’re making the point you think I’m thinking you’re making. :p

4 Likes

Federal Trade Commission Chairman Joseph J. Simons announced his resignation from the Commission today, effective January 29, 2021.

“It’s been a great honor to lead this incredible organization filled with so many talented people working on behalf of American consumers,” Simons said. “As technology and our economy continue to evolve through the digital age, the FTC’s staff work tirelessly so that consumers continue to benefit from a fair and competitive marketplace. It’s been a privilege to be part of that effort.”

Simons also announced the departure of a number of other senior staff from the Commission: General Counsel Alden F. Abbott; Bureau of Competition Director Ian Conner; Bureau of Competition Deputy Directors Gail Levine and Daniel Francis; Bureau of Consumer Protection Director Andrew Smith; Bureau of Economics Director Andrew Sweeting; Office of Public Affairs Director Cathy MacFarlane; and Office of Policy Planning Director Bilal Sayyed.

For sure.

@LFS , time for another trip to the private prison? We’ll drive separately now of course.

2 Likes

In your idea for rotating modships for this forum, would you make anyone eligible to be a mod as soon as they register?

Jews were kept in displaced persons camps for a couple years after the war. Some of the camps were the very concentration camps they had been in. Patton was put in charge of them until relieved because Eisenhower saw how awful they were.

Patton diary entry, September 15, 1945: Evidently the virus started by Morgenthau and Baruch of a Semitic revenge against all Germans is still working. … Harrison and his ilk believe that the Displaced Person is a human being, which he is not, and this applies particularly to the Jews, who are lower than animals.”

2 Likes

That would be fine, but it’s not the same thing. This site is reproducible and it is the product of our labor. Land was there before you or America or Mexico and it’s finite and all unique. You hiring someone with a gun to prevent someone from moving about the Earth is an assault on them. It’s theft.

6 Likes

What does that mean? They can’t strike down the whole thing because the supreme court finds a single part unconstitutional? I know the supreme court likes to do that, can this provision really stop them from doing it?

I don’t know, that seems to be the aim. No idea how much teeth it has.

I like lists.

I also want to register all guns.

I’m a self-identified statist. I may have disagreements about how the state should be run, but state power is ultimately a necessary part of crafting my ideal future.

Biden appears to have proposed immediate green cards for DACA people, so their path to citizenship seems to be a three-year process.

1 Like

The nuclear football will likely travel with [Trump], experts say, meaning there will be at least two briefcases in different locations, presenting a unique challenge of ensuring the transfer of authority goes smoothly.

How about No, Scott?

This is exactly right.

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1351584240215810050?s=21

8 Likes

aight lets go

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1351569367704584192?s=20

9 Likes

And the free college.

Yeah plus I would guess in many countries 70 plus year olds are better off than they would be here. We don’t exactly embrace the elderly as a society which is very different in some other cultures.

If they come here good, they are consumers and will buy all the crap we sell to maintain the economy.