About Moderation

This may seem out of the blue, but I was just getting caught up on a financial update for the site, and I wanted to post something about moderation. In particular, my ability/willingness/desire to moderate posts.

No one voted for me to be a moderator, and I have no desire to do any moderating. That being said, I do have admin access to the site. And the reason that I, a completely non-technical person, has admin access is because my name is attached to this site in a couple of ways: I had to provide 1099 information to Patreon to receive the withdrawal discussed here. And I have my personal information and credit card linked to the Digital Ocean account that hosts this site. The point of my wanting/demanding an admin account was in case something seriously bad got posted here (not a poster being an asshole, but something that was closer to crime-adjacent). However unlikely, I wanted the ability to immediately delete something like that because it could be tied to me.

So even though Iā€™ve never taken a moderator action (e.g., deleted or edited a post, banned a user), I want to make it clear that I am willing to exercise mod authority in certain extreme cases. What do I consider an extreme case? Thatā€™s obviously subjective, but it will include:

• Doxxing people. There was a post recently that included a userā€™s real name. I would have deleted that post if I had seen it. And I donā€™t particularly care if thereā€™s an argument that the user in question had already provided enough personal information on the site to identify them. I myself have almost certainly provided enough personal information so that I could be personally identified, but if someone posted my real name in public, Iā€™d delete that post instantly. Same goes for other users.

• Threats or incitement or encouragement of criminal behavior. This includes threats of physical violence and also attempts to impersonate other users.

• Libelous statements (as I perceive them). As an example, there have been at least two individuals in the past accusing me (as treasurer of the site) of stealing their money. I didnā€™t delete them at the time, but Iā€™m going to be willing to now.

Thatā€™s not an exhaustive list, but those are some cases I could imagine. All of this is obviously subjective, and I am hoping/anticipating that this kind of situation never comes up. But if I (@spidercrab) get notified by a user that they believe theyā€™ve been doxxed, threatened, or libeled, Iā€™m going to take that seriously.

If you donā€™t like the idea of me having this kind of authority with no oversight, I am happy to immediately revoke my administrator access as soon as I am no longer treasurer with my personal information tied to this account.

27 Likes

Spidercrab didnā€™t say anything about postinā€™ cringe, and LookAtYe was inexplicably banned for some reason, so a lot of dudes are in the clear.

1 Like

On that note:

Discuss.

p.s.

p.p.s.

I guess this is like the ā€œI donā€™t want muh tax dollars to support community programsā€ forum edition.

1 Like

7 Likes

Lol that canā€™t be real. Can it.

Dude itā€™s 6. Itā€™s right there for you!

The correct answer is supposed to be 9 of course but the number 6 is the one thatā€™s there. Whoever put that up is trolling the shit out of people

1 Like

Itā€™s a joke, not a troll. Read again.

1 Like

For sure. The crazy part is the comments which seem real.

0|\/|6 :astonished:

2 Likes

Please anonymize/delete my account. Whatever is easiest. Thank you.

@NotBruceZ

I deleted all your posts calling for violence. The football thread isnā€™t the place for that type of edgelording.

4 Likes

Could you have at least waited for @Melkerson to read them? He seems to have a reading problem.

Itā€™s always projection. Always.

Honestly, what IS the place?

WTF who did we just lose?

One of the best posters here.

2 Likes

just some jabroni

LetsGambol2. Not sure of the exact spelling. He got pissed about NBZ edgelording about Ashli deserved it.

I kinda thought a) we werenā€™t anonymizing anymore and b) if we were there was a two week cooling off period.

JFC