2023 NFL Gameday Thread: SUPER refBOWL!

Just don’t watch while posting here.

Also don’t have a huge rooting interest. As I’m sure you know, that is often filed with stress.

Nah dude. You literally cannot complain about the refs ever again

They kept throwing flags until the chiefs won

As a neutral, this was about as bad as I’ve ever seen a team get jobbed

And I’m a lions fan

As Riverman pointed out

Two holding penalties not called on the mahomes roughing play and two blocks in the back not called on the punt and giving them a third down do over oh that didn’t work phantom DPI on the do over and on and on and on

lol

2 Likes

That sounds about right. I think 100% healthy Mahomes would be a different story. I guess the two weeks to heal will be huge.

I also think that Mahomes not being 100% made the rest of the Chiefs really take their game up a notch. It’s like they knew they couldn’t just fuck around and let Mahomes heroball a win.

And it wasn’t called instantly

Oh let’s talk to sky refs

Ah yes. Let us throw that flag.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: About Moderation

The clip you posted. The RB is 5 yards away from where the ball bounces. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You’re going to see what you want to see, and even if we accept that he wasn’t “remotely in the area” which I think is very much not certain, we also have that pesky little issue where the defender made contact with Burrow’s elbow as he was throwing, but perhaps that wasn’t hitley enough to count.

This is 8 yards away. The ball is hitting the ground right at this point by the lineman’s feet, and bounces twice.

https://twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/status/1619892678145249280

It’s grounding unless his arm was touched. This isn’t difficult.

2p2 is barely saying anything about rigged, and they hate the Chiefs. This thread is such a histrionic fest every week.

See you at the Super Bowl!

1 Like

Grass fire by the parking lot:

1 Like

Naah nevermind, everyone know’s what is up :)

Man, I’m just being honest about my emotions right now. I think it’s worse if I hold it in. I’ve stopped physically shaking and my heart rate has gone down. My monitor says my pulse is 129 and my blood pressure is 179/115 and it feels like those have come down vs an hour ago.

2 Likes

If the refs did nothing else but the

Oh you didn’t make it on third down try and
Leading into the lol DPI

That’s enough right there

Add in the multiple soft calls on the bengals the entire second half and the non calls on similar type plays on the chiefs

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I understand as a fan of the team it’s hard to see through that lens

As a complete neutral with no financial stake in the game

That’s as bad as it’s ever been. Just straight up cheating to get Mahomey back in the Super Bowl.

Because they’re woke conspiracy participants? Or is there some other reason to write his name that way

1 Like

Bottom line - yeah Chiefs got the net benefit of some ticky tack calls. Torbert is always refball. That’s what the league wants.

But the Chiefs had their best corner and three of their top 4 wide receivers go down, and Mahomes was hobbled as hell, and Cincy still couldn’t put it away. Fuck those trash-talking cocky-as-hell-and-haven’t-won-shit douchebags. Fuck Mike Hilton. Fuck Eli Apple.

Chiefs showed a ton of heart. Chris Jones balled out. I’ll take the win.

The AFC spent a $billion trying to beat the Chiefs in what looked like a rebuilding year. Mostly AFC West, but the Bills mortgaged their future with the Von Miller deal. And look who’s still on top in the AFC.

1 Like

One step closer to Total Calvinball being completely phased in. I still can’t believe that stretch overturn for the first down. Didn’t think it was possible we’d see a worse call than that in a game.

1 Like