About Moderation (old original thread)

Thanks

There’s still a pretty big tizzy almost every time, plus like the 50-100 post derail in the covid thread every time. The cycle of trolling → fighting → 2 week ban → fighting over the ban → returning from the ban and trolling… Has not let to much forum cohesion.

There was a poll to permaban church and that suggestion failed. It seems like at times whenever poll results do not satisfy a certain group they seek ways to ignore them.

3 Likes

still same no as the first 600 times i stated it but why is that a question at all? what do i have to do with anything

Ive had enough of this place, I’m transferring to Pagle.

2 Likes

My bad.

When I saw meb’s plan was implemented after being discussed with the other mods, I took that to mean the other mods did not object.

1 Like

maybe it’s because you were entrusted with a forum-sacred responsibility that you violated spectacularly, put virtually the entire board at each other’s throats and is still used against some posters whenever an argument happens, and that you’re allowed to still post here is mind-blowing given all of what you’re directly responsible for? just spit balling.

I clearly don’t have admin access and this can be verified by any admin

exactly what i did can be verified instantly with what I have stated by any admin by publishing the admin logs, and at this point, I think the community deserves it.

continuing to bring up a year+ old thing I haven’t been involved with at all since seems like the pretty typical playbook for you guys at this point, especially considering the current admin that just left afaict is threatening to make the site experience worse over mod decisions that have nothing to do with him.

but no, of course, I will continue to be the problem for the crime of existing.

So jal and churchill were banned and then keed fucked of?
Better late than never.

There were several objections and clovis repeatedly said he disagreed with the entire idea. I was under the impression the PM thread had kind of come to a consensus on the whole thing but looking back clovis suggested a method where he’d agree to holding a vote where he would have voted no on bans but ultimately said we should try no bans and Yuv said he’d immediately reverse bans like he’s now publicly said he’s going to do.

This greatly downplays how big an issue that “year+ old thing” became.

gregorio stepped down from admin duties long long ago, he just still had an admin account because he did fun things with it like add emojis and has chosen to stop doing that because he doesn’t want to post here. He’s not making threats about anything he’s just getting rid of customizations he added to Discourse.

3 Likes

redman

1 Like

Nobody wants you to ban anyone. Bad bad bad look

1 Like

lol at a statute of limitations for an admin who violated a fundamental forum trust. your demotion to chit poster isn’t compelling. and trying to equate what you did to greg’s decision is disgusting

2 Likes

They probably shouldn’t have made me a mod then, when I said every step of the way I was going to ban people if they did.

Or if everyone thought I was joking, should probably vote to remove me as a mod.

Done

Bad bad bad look to presume you speak for everybody.

I ask that mods and admins please use a cooling off period before deleting more accounts

5 Likes

That’s not what was requested. Deletion and anonymizing are very different.

Yes and yes. Unclear if he lied so long he started believing it or if he’s still lying now.