About Moderation

If people want to talk about it, you will be safe from “old drama” infractions. But I think the quickest way to resolve it would be a poll. I will abide by the results.

I don’t know what the legal terminology is for applying a law that doesn’t exist.

Requiring a poll for a member to return has never been a thing. It’s just like not letting new members vote was never a thing, and like not letting gimmicks vote if the member has not voted on their main account was never a thing.

My view is that I’m holding audit_the_audit to his end of a bargain that he made, and that I shouldn’t unilaterally undo the bargain. If the forum as a whole wants to “let him off the hook,” so to speak, then that’s fine with me.

I believe there is precedent for using polls to reverse permabans, so you can frame if that way if you like.

Or he could simply start posting here under a new name. There is precedence for posters creating a new account to avoid the critical scrutiny their known accounts would have attracted, two very obvious regulars springing to mind.

1 Like

The issue here is that the new account announced “hey I’m the poster formerly known as X” where X is a poster that said he wouldn’t post here any more in exchange for monetary payment. I don’t think that applies to the other examples you have in mind.

Since X’s account was deleted at his own request, that makes it a little hard to establish the record. But I think I’ve got the gist of it.

you guys literally made one for me lol

There was no poll to signal the forum as a whole agreeing to any “bargain”.

Also, it is not the same as a permaban.

who?

I permabanned the new account, so you can have a poll to reverse that. Anyway, I think I’ve made my position clear, and I’ve given you a path forward if you want to take it.

1 Like

Come on.

This wasn’t a bargain between an individual and the forum. This was a bargain between two individual members of the forum, and none of UP’s donations were refunded.

2 Likes

Who do you mean by “you guys”? Jman made that poll, most of “you guys” voted to not ban, and your case was substantially different than the issue here.

I mean that you guys prompted that poll. go relitigate it if you want, I won’t, that is what happened.

It appears I’ve fallen into your “clever” trap andI’ll eat a dumbass 4 day ban for correcting falsehoods, oh noes

You don’t need to accuse me of laying a trap. Econo gave the green light to discuss the issue of having a poll for a member to return after voluntarily leaving. The circumstances in your case are significantly different but not completely unrelated so we should be ok.

Like the “rules that don’t exist” examples I listed above, there was no rule or precedent for permabanning that account. Furthermore, the reasoning was flawed.

Vict0ar agreed to be permanently banned in exchange for $90, which he received. A forum of poker players shouldn’t allow angle shooting.

4 Likes

The account I’m talking about there is audit_the_audit.

:thinking:

As you know, voluntary permas are allowed to return. There was no rule or precedent for permabanning his return account.

Everything is unprecedented at some point, no one else has demanded a refund in exchange for a permban.

1 Like