2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

But also keeps being sent? So more and more email is just undeliverable? If it’s not spam, what form does entropy take on the internet? Or is the internet fine at the cost that our entropy increases?

In my culture, you step in the door, you get fed. Sorry, no exceptions.

1 Like

Yeah, the twitter thread is full of people from other cultures that aren’t just willing to feed guests, it’s a moral imperative. Saudi Arabia ran an ad campaign asking people to please stop inviting census takers into their homes for meals.

https://twitter.com/WhiteShemagh/status/1519643337317392386

1 Like

Most lists do get pruned from time to time, and companies eventually go out of business. Either way, the volume of email is only a tiny little fraction of internet traffic. I currently have 11 years’ worth of mine taking up about 400 MB of disc space. A single 1080p streamed movie will be anywhere from 2 - 4 GB.

1 Like

You refuse food, it’s a god-damned insult. I mean the first couple of times ok go ahead if you’re trying to be polite but you’re not getting out that door without food, you ingrate.

Then I suddenly remembered what it was like: that when I was a child, kids at a much younger age ran around over to other people’s houses, knocked on the door and were then welcomed in to play. But you had a set dinner time with your own family, so you just left the house you were at and ran home to get your own food.

Yeah, this was my childhood. I think people are making a thing out of something that shouldn’t be a thing.

As someone with a lot of anxiety around food, I would very much prefer the Scandinavian way. Nothing fills me with more dread than going somewhere hoping not to insult someone by refusing food I literally can’t get down.

1 Like
2 Likes

Swedes are weirdos.

As a kid, if I had a friend stay through meal time, I’d always ask my parents if my friend could stay too. If yes, friend eats. If no, friend goes. Having a friend wait while you eat is a strange middle ground.

1 Like

Talk about telling on yourself.

god there is nothing better than seeing a fucking dipshit over-compensating dad have a little league meltdown and get kicked out of a game and then heckling him as he takes the walk of shame to the parking lot, it is literally the greatest thing on earth, this alone makes having kids 100% worth it. it must be even better when it’s an absolute odious shithead like clay fucking travis

5 Likes

If you go and read the tweet he tries defending his behavior with ‘if you get paid to do a job you should do it well’

https://twitter.com/austin_keeney/status/1532003760565850121?s=21&t=ckASVG-i5n0GWFgkluzTzg

1 Like

Looks like he recently RT’d this, which may be of interest to this forum.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1532039218989522944

9 Likes

We use SAP Sucessfactors for performance management and online learning management, as well as Relias, but they’re specially oriented towards healthcare worker performance management.

I’m not in HR so I don’t think I could give much more context but you never know.

1 Like

We use Lattice for the former and Compliance Wire for the latter. No idea how these compare with anything else out there.

1 Like

Hellmuth: gives Cruz a copy of his book. Follows it up by passing out strawberry poptarts.

Cruz: Uses the book as a coaster for his popstar.
Later, scolds Hellmuth for doing a sexism against Botez.

87 posts were merged into an existing topic: Depp v Heard