World Cup 2022: Congrats to Argentina and the GOAT (WATCH THIS GAME, BEST GAME EVER)

This is a warning to the entire thread. While @anon59375068 has been given free reign to troll this thread for a couple weeks, numerous posters who tend to flag posts aggressively - some of whom troll alongside Keed in this thread - have started flagging everybody firing anything back at Keeed. I have dismissed these flags, due to the leeway that Keeed was given in this thread.

However, they are correct: these are personal attacks on Keeed, and the excuse that the personal attacks are accurate is not going to fly from this point forward. That said, I’d caution Keeed not to troll this thread anymore, either. They don’t get to have it both ways. They’ve made it clear they want this thread moderated more strictly, so that’s going to apply to everyone, including Keeed.

Carry on!

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: About Moderation

Somehow I doubt this thread will get much interest now the mighty USA#1 have been eliminated.

1 Like

Arena Bob and GGG are probably all even-ish. Arena would be clearly ahead if it wasn’t for Couva

Moved several posts, discussion of moderation goes here.

https://twitter.com/LilianaSegura/status/1599087536034394112

3 Likes

I was rooting against US also - excellent to see Netherlands through as orange is my favorite colour.

1 Like

Congrats on your biggest win of the tournament!

1 Like

They worked with the Leicester coach.

Leicester have been the worst set piece team in the PL by a mile the last 18 months.

It would be like hiring a PR firm and DMing Kanye.

This Ned team won’t give Brazil a game.

Will you give me odds? I’d like to bet on my lads.

Yeah we can probably figure something out Monday once Brazil advances.

1 Like

You reckon? Spoiler teams often outperform their odds in big one-off games.

Remember an unfancied Holland taking brilliant Spain into ET in the final?

https://twitter.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1599084466747547649

USA chasing the game most of the match but shows that we belonged

It only shows that you don’t have players who can finish while Holland excel at it.

1 Like

That team was well set up and organized very well. Nigel De Jong was one of the best physical DMs, even if that was why he should have seen red.

Despite this Dutch team having a great D on paper teams can move the ball through their midfield and have the ball very easily.

That’s one way of saying De Jong and the other MF ran around fouling Spaniards for 90 minutes lol.

Very true.

Both in 2010 and 14 the underdogs had by far the biggest chance in regulation.

I just think if Brazil loses its a team that either gets insanely lucky, or stops them moving the ball with ease.

I think Argentina and France can do the latter.

Probably can’t say that just by this one game, but it would be interesting to see which teams under and overperform in expected goals.

The news about Pele isn’t good and could factor in one way or the other.