Group A: New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Switzerland
Group B: Australia, Ireland, Nigeria, Canada
Group C: Spain, Costa Rica, Zambia, Japan
Group D: England, Haiti, Denmark, China
Group E: USA, Vietnam, Netherlands, Portugal
Group F: France, Jamaica, Brazil, Panama
Group G: Sweden, South Africa, Italy, Argentina
Group H: Germany, Morocco, Colombia, South Korea

Pre tournament outrights betting odds (these are taken from an Australian bookie, so possibly Australia are too short):

USA +250
England +450
Spain +550
Germany +700
Australia +1100
France +1200
Sweden +1600

Everyone else is +2000 or more.

Match times are not very America-friendly but a couple early watchable games:

Nigeria v Canada @ Melbourne Rectangular Stadium, Melbourne, AUS (Thursday 10:30pm ET)
USA v Vietnam @ Eden Park, Auckland, NZ (Friday 9pm ET)

I should be watching the Australia games, I might watch the USA’s first game also.

4 Likes

hype!

1 Like

yeah. i’m going to try and watch what i can. definitely the first couple american games that are in primetime here, but the others might be difficult, mainly because i dont have cable…

no offense to OP, but the international community should ban australia and nz from having nice things like world wide sporting events… lol

Heard many of Canada’s top players are injured. Also, Sinclair is the GOAT, but she’s 40+ now and slow as molasses so shouldn’t really be playing any more and if she does it should be for a max of like 15 minutes.

What World Cup songs do y’all have?

1 Like

The France 98 song Goat, the tournament too

I guess it kicks off here in 100 minutes

Good crowd in for NZ’s opener. Lively start from them as well. Norway started heavy faves, I have no idea what NZ’s team is like but it’s looked pretty even so far. NZ with the edge, even.

1 Like

I’ve got it on in the other room. One of the kiwis was just on a one-woman mission, going to goal, but was ultimately well defended

NZ look good on-the-ball, just gotta combine and get the breakthrough

Yeah do they have enough quality up front to convert is the question it seems like. You just get the sense that Norway are going to get some vicious counterattack at some point. Like that one that just happened while I was typing this!

Great first half from NZ.

Golaso to start the 2nd. Nice

42,000+ at the game in Auckland. First soccer game in NZ history to be watched by 40,000+.

1 Like

That was a great game. Congrats NZ.

Fuck, Sam Kerr unavailable for the Matildas, picked up an injury in training. That’s some bullshit.

Matildas very messy atm, hopefully nerves which will settle.

Horrible half. Night and day with the NZ game.

Didn’t watch NZ. Watched a bit of the Aus first half and we looked woeful.

Just scored a penalty but don’t look to deserve it vs one of the least threatening teams in the comp (cool stat they only had more than 50% possession against one opponent in qualifiers in games they won 9-0 and 11-0 or something)

Terrible game. Australia bad, Ireland even worse.

I mentioned to a friend of mine last night that I was tempted to bet an underdogs portfolio for the WWC, on the theory that nobody really knows how to cap the games. Would have worked out well so far. So I just laid Canada for 1K, I hope Nigeria aren’t too hopeless. The other underdogs tomorrow are a bit too wretched for me to be willing to touch.

1 Like