Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

whoisyourwalrus.com will be coming soon to satisfy your walrus needs.

3 Likes

Whatever you do don’t click this site, it takes your private data and sells it on kroshopkin.com to the highest bidder

3 Likes

I’m just liberating your data.

1 Like

I’m working on it on my laptop (development environment) for a while. Well, I’m doing that in between arguing with @smrk4 who I hope isn’t mad at me, because I’m not the least bit mad at him.

But I checked and “goreo” is registered. There’s nothing to do on the live site yet though. Soon.

The first step to staging a coup is to talk about staging a coup and see who offers support vague enough to suggest but not claim they would join you in a Walrus uprising

2 Likes

I’m 100% behind the Rexx dictatorship.

2 Likes

Thanks to your DOS attack. Back up for now.

Splitting off a chunk of a small community after we barely survived splitting from another, much larger forum doesn’t seem like a great plan to me.

2 Likes

I’m bad at sarcasm in the internet and plead age. You’re not thinking the walrus plot is splitting off a chunk of anything are you?

1 Like

Just joking about Rexx, I stan zikzak for life, in case that wasn’t obvious. I also stan Rexx, tho.

1 Like

Maybe I’m not understanding what the site does.

1 Like

Just playing a game.

I’m thinking about trying it as a plugin for discourse, but I wanna get at least a demo working before I mess with discourse. And the reason the site crashes I think is because $5/month is just not enough to run 2 React sites (and some other things as well, but they don’t crash much if at all). React/node is a real resource hog. I think discourse is at least as bad.

Obviously I would never do this.

Your support is appreciated and I am diligently observing my base by :heart:

4 Likes

This could be yuge

What would an actually fair way of doing primaries be? I’m tired of candidates having to pander to fucking Iowa every election. A national primary day seems a bit sudden. Maybe spread it over three weeks, with 3 tranches of states, and the three tranches rotate every cycle? Idk, but the current method sucks and I want to get it over with.

Throw slips with 50 state names into a hat, draw for the first three or so spots.

3 Likes

7 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackofspadesman/status/1218796493873799169

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/cloverjag/status/1207435304132591616