Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

Yeah good maple syrup from Quebec is available in every city I’ve ever lived, which is good since I developed a taste for the real thing living in Maine as a kid.

My GF spent 12 dollars on some fancy organic maple syrup a while ago. I thought she was nuts until I tried it. It was legit way better than regular syrup you buy from the store.

Yeah but how small are these pancakes… :thinking:

Flat or on the side stuck together with maple?

A regular apple with cheese is fine btw, no different from pear really.

Maybe the only thing about living close to PA is access to decent-quality maple syrup.

You better have raised that tree from a sapling and fed it nothing but mineral spring water and organic compost.

I’m fairly miffed at the term organic compost.

1 Like

Sorry GMO-free compost.

Heh, I get my maple syrup directly from a guy who collects his own sap and also runs a tree farm. True story.

nobody runs a tree farm

1 Like

You’d be surprised at how much labor it takes to grow a christmas tree.

Bunch of wannabe hipsters itt.

3 Likes

It was a (poor) joke riffing on the nobody owns a cat meme.

QT is the bomb yo

QT > wawa > sheetz

Is Quebec Maple syrup supposedly better than Vermont Maple syrup for some reason?

Maybe I’m running bad with American syrups, but for some reason I’ve liked the Canadian ones I’ve tried better. So, now when I go to Canada, I always bring back a few cans. Saves a few bucks over buying Canadian stuff here.

It’s all boiled sap from the same species of tree. You might be getting different grades and prefer one to the other. The lighter ones are often sold for a premium, but the darker grades have a much richer (and imo better) flavor.

https://www.maplesyrupworld.com/pages/Maple-Syrup-Grading.html

Wife likes light and I like dark, so we generally get some of both.

Never paid close attention to the grading. I’ll start looking at that.

This is what I buy and I do like it. Is it considered any good?

FAKE NEWS - er FAKE MAPLE SYRUP

Steeves Maples proprietary formula has a very similar molecular structure as 100% Pure Maple but at a fraction of the cost. Companies are currently using Steeves Maples Original Canadian Maple Taste Syrup as a low cost alternative to Pure Syrup. It provides the same benefit as using Pure in the baking process while keeping the bottom line in mind.

Fuck it it’s expensive over here! Damn you bigMaple! Bloody Canadians.