Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

I am outraged they put maple syrup in Erie, PA.

This is how we play plus Suzzers kids rules. Idc what the rules are as long as theyā€™re decided beforehand and are consistent.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t political at all, but not sure where else it should go. @hobbes9324, if you wanna chime in, Iā€™m all ears.

Iā€™ve been kinda off all day because of what I witnessed this morning. I have a 16 month old so Saturdays and Sundays are basically dedicated to trying to keep her entertained. Long story short, thereā€™s a snowstorm here (like much of the country) and so I took her to an indoor kids playground and met up with my sister there.

My daughter had a blast and tired herself out in time to head home for a great nap. I was putting my shoes on by the exit right next to a woman also putting her shoes on who I had previously observed was pregnant. All the sudden she blurts out, ā€œIā€™m not ok,ā€ like she was just realizing it, and she stood up and there was a huge pool of blood where she was sitting.

She immediately sat back down and her husband rushed over and yelled at the front desk to call 911. I asked him if he wanted me to watch their kid (who is probably about 2 and was just as tired as my daughter) and he quickly agreed. Anyway, by this point there was even more blood. Iā€™ve never seen so much. She was still conscious but the most pale Iā€™ve ever seen a human.

My sister took my daughter and I took the coupleā€™s child and started playing with him in some big foam playroom.

Paramedics eventually showed up and loaded her on. Husband stayed behind bc I think he was waiting for relatives to show up to take their son. The whole situation was just awful.

Iā€™m not a religious person at all but I told the husband I would pray for them, and I have. The wife had a decent size belly so Iā€™m hoping that means the little dude/dudette is far along enough to be ok, but maybe with some time in the NICU. Itā€™s just crazy how fragile life is. Hug those loved ones tonight.

Edit: I obviously hope the mom is ok too

13 Likes

You played online poker right?

4 Likes

Just reading that was somewhat traumatic.

1 Like

Cake has been and always will be three full tiers below pie.

That is called the Epstein Gambit

2 Likes

The boot didnā€™t kill himself.

1 Like

Hopefully everyone is okay. That sucks.

Donā€™t ever apologize or backtrack for not being religious but praying for someone. I am the same way. I know if I tell someone I am praying for them I mean it and I am not paying lip service.

Good for you to step up and help them out in that crisis too. Argh just reading about it, like micro said, is traumatic.

3 Likes

You must be the worst person to play games with.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

You Sopranos, you go too far.

Incredibly normal and useful thread:
https://twitter.com/trendydjtimic/status/1212984881875243009

If Gates saw this heā€™d be mad.

Iā€™m not religious even though I was brought up in the church and I still very occasionally pray, not to a god so much but just to the universe. Itā€™s made me feel a lot better and given me strength in difficult times. Prayer wouldnā€™t have become such a ritual if it didnā€™t have beneficial properties to it. Iā€™ll pray for the lady and her baby tonight.

Youā€™re a very decent person.

2 Likes

Note to self: play monopoly with Johnny when we meet.

Certain winner!

Ok I only had you in my sights for a Monopoly ass whopping but now itā€™s going to be a Truant family affair!

3 Likes

Lip gloss?

1 Like

If I have to chose itā€™s pecan and not close. But coconut creme still edges pecan.

People who hate pie - have you ever had really good apple pie, heated with a cheddar cheese slice, and ice cream? To me thatā€™s stereotypical pie and itā€™s insanely good.

1 Like

Sounds like the working class version of capitalism.

3 Likes

6 Likes