Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

You know nothing.

2 Likes

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Try it.

Shan’t.

13 Likes

Except that pecan pie is insanely delicious.

1 Like

i totally just threw up in my mouth

Wincing baby

Congratulations, you found a way to make pie even worse

3 Likes

Standard.

Like chess, most competitive monopoly games end with the loser resigning because they see they’re a lock to lose. Actually getting the opponent(s) to literal bankruptcy is pretty rare, in my experience.

I guess if you’re saying that every time the games stopped when the result was still in doubt, then that is weird.

They do that in Canada too?

What? It’s completely standard because the game takes like 5 hours and is a wretched experience to play.

If it takes anywhere near 5 hrs, you’re probably doing it wrong.

1 Like

Your reference to “competitive monopoly” makes you an outlier, most people who play Monopoly do so with like 4-5 players and it takes forever.

I think an interesting reality show would be to drop a bunch of poker players in a house - and every week they have to play a new board game for real money. Like Sorry! or Clue or even Hungry Hungry Hippos or something. I’d love to see them figure out the angles and strategy in real time.

Best would be some weird game they’ve never heard of. So no chance to prepare. My Dad used to go to people’s houses to play Acquire with other adults. One time they let me play and I beat all of them. After that they made a rule that only adults could play. Bullshit!

Fun game - similar concept as monopoly - you had to monopolize everything. But very different play. Also Stocks and Bonds was fun, but more involved.

2 Likes

Someone found Shaun Deebs car.

… but why the fuck is DNegs jumping in there. Well, nm, guess that’s just Dneg’s style.

Wtf are you ppl eating in this thread? I’m just going to assume you’re all trolling me so I can sleep tonight.

IT’S GOOD!

1 Like

Got I love me some acquire. Far superior to Monopoly. Acquire at least had short selling stocks, and long stocks as different strategies based on how the game was going.

I’ve owned 3 different printings of acquire

Damn, I was wondering if anyone else had even heard of it.