Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

The same reason a dog licks his own balls?

Well if this is a serious inquiry, to convert C to F, you just multiply by 9/5 and add 32.

Merry Christmas. It is 1am Christmas morning. The forecast here for tomorrow (edit: today, I guess?) is 33C. 33*9 = 297, divided by 5 is roughly 59.5, add 32 is 91.5F.

3 Likes

Hard to tell what level that post is on.

So itā€™s a nice cool Xmas for you compared to last week anyway.

Very hard to tell, I took wookies as a reference to the math/maths post earlier and the reply as either level 1 or level 3. Who knows.

Of course it was and of course Wookie can convert C to F and almost of course ChrisV knows that. So, itā€™s hard to tell what level Chris is on there. Much to my shame, itā€™s pretty much always easy to tell what level Iā€™m on.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not really into this stuff but I think a level post just states the formula, otherwise itā€™s levelling itself? Maybe? Here to learn about the important things in life.

Initially Wookie was joking about math vs maths, but Chris is doing some pro-grade leveling.

1 Like

I think weā€™re both too old to be confident about this kind of stuff. Wookie was obviously joking. Maybe thatā€™s not obvious to Chris because he doesnā€™t really know what Americans do or do not know*, but Chrisā€™ post looks serious ā€“ but maybe itā€™s not?

*I have no doubt that most Americans couldnā€™t do the conversion, but obviously Wookie can and it would be obvious even if you didnā€™t know that he has a science PhD. (I think he does)

1 Like

It takes two maths to convert C to F: first multiplication and secondly addition. It only takes one math to go from C to K.

That a microbet post can almost always be taken at face value is something I think we can all be grateful for.

Unlessā€¦!

2 Likes

I can almost guarantee none of the American users here, myself included, knew about this division trick.

Stupid measurement units for life.

2.54 cm per inch is what I remember.

I measure distances up to like 100ā€™ in inches. It makes it easy to divide roof length sizes into solar panel length sizes and Iā€™m just used to like 350" (8 solar panel widths) or whatnot.

2 Likes

Fuck decimal. Base 12 rules.

1 Like

(187 cm)(1 in/2.54 cm)(1 ft/12 in)= 6.14 ft

Shorty

https://twitter.com/jaboukie/status/1209277157895131136

5 Likes

Libra?

4 Likes

TIL

2 Likes

Calories are a metric unit, just not SI.

2 Likes

Strangely I actually noticed that while on dating apps. It seemed every third profile said something like ā€œgemini swipe leftā€ or used their sign in the first few words of describing themselves. Needless to say, it was an immediate ā€œnoā€ from me, dawg.