Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

Any one sues vided anything recently…

Don’t try the peanut butter sear.

images
tumblr_nf3kkhA1gh1qa9dopo2_500

2 Likes

When in Rome is still touring I think.

My two cents on Duran Duran as an 80s MTV Kid is they were MASSIVELY POPULAR in the 80s but been subterranean for a long time now. I don’t think, before this thread, they crossed my consciousness for twenty plus years while a variety of acts, many much much smaller than them in the 80s, have continued to have some sort of impact.

1 Like

The proper response to her saying “Van Haven” is “Alex?”

1 Like

OK so me and me brother were 80’s teen…And all the above was Boomer music who our older uncles listened too (Boomers) :roll_eyes: and Duran Duran was a Fav of there’s including bands like Talking heads, spandex ballet and YES.

We were listening to Bob, David and Jim M and were avoiding anyone who appeared in the live aid Boomer videos… :joy:

Alough Video killed the Radio star in reality the video done it… :joy:

I had to look this up because it didn’t seem right to me but I’m no Soft Cell fan. They had 4 Top 20 albums between '81 and '84. I’m sure my older sister and her friends owned all of them. But I agree it seems Tainted Love was the only song with any staying power. (Edit: I guess that was UK Top 20, but still.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsgabrielleu/status/1212247312157642752

This is unacceptable :joy::joy::joy: behaviour from an amateur Uber driver who still has to remember the No1 rule of taxing…

#amateurs

never shit on your own doorstep

1 Like

Hey when you gotta go you gotta go

He should’ve used the back seat of his Uber car like most of us do.

2 Likes

I just want to point out that Chris Hansen’s YouTube Channel is amazing.

He is currently working on an unending story exposing the I’m a Banana you tuber as a predator.

Hearing Chris Hansen talk informatively about discord, Patreon and many other things is amazing. That he seemingly records from the living room of probably a Manhattan penthouse is even more fun.

I think early on he did some predator stuff but that is played out. His interviews are ridiculously amazing.

2 Likes

See rule 1

Ahh… Let’s do this dude a bad even though he drives all night and knows who all my neighbours are.

I tell ya, its subtle but superglue in a lock sure fucks it up…

Back door too wtfffff Help!!

Secure entry… No problem I have a badge and know when the postman arrives…

:point_up_2:

/S

I’m no Uber driver but I’ve definitely taken emergency shits in worse places than Gabby Union’s can

4 Likes

The main train station in Firenze and any replacement level dive bar come to mind

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1213178846603857920

I am sure if you or anyone else ITT listens to Ordinary World right now, you will feel a profound sense of deja vu as you distantly recall thinking it was as overplayed twenty years ago as it is now

To this day, I think it’s a shame that 80s bands like them didn’t commit to the more sophisticated songwriting of these one-off albums of the 90s. Def Leppard’s Slang was another album that pushed the boundaries of everything we thought Def Leppard could be. Simply incredible songwriting you’d never guess was from Def Leppard if not for the distinct sound of Joe Elliot’s voice and the synthesized backing vocals.

If you’ve never heard a song from the album Slang, give the opening track “Truth” a shot. Whether you loved or hated Def Leppard, you won’t expect this.

Shot in the dark, but anyone ITT know anything about circa 1980s land and real estate law in Ireland?

1 Like

Nope. Can’t tell you a whole lot about it now, either.