Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

That was the conversation. Someone brought them up as examples of DD contemporaries they contended were still ā€˜relevantā€™.

I donā€™t think you really understand what ā€œrelevantā€ means at all musically.

Possibly not, I may have to consult Pitchfork or a couple of zoomers.

1 Like

No one under 30 cares what we think about music anymore than any of you cared about the opinion of your grandparents to the music you listened to when you were in college. And we were fortunate enough to have Boston, kids these days donā€™t have Boston.

1 Like

Iā€™d have been quite content to not have Boston in my days either.

Look man, it sucks that you came of age when pop music was trash. Iā€™m a child of the 80ā€™s, I feel your pain. You just have to accept that young people today are smarter and have better music.

3 Likes

Donā€™t look back in anger, yo.

Iā€™ve tried to make it as clear as possible that I couldnā€™t care less what people under 30 think about music. People seem to be having trouble processing that.

She said yes and got that they were a band. Couldnā€™t name any songs. I asked about members, and she said ā€œVan Halen?ā€, so she got that.

If itā€™s just 80s music generally, she could name a bunch of Prince songs.

1 Like

Who is Billie Eilish?

4 Likes

17 yo microdaughter is friend of a friend of Billie Eilish and has hung out with her/them.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a hater but I canā€™t think of one nice thing to say about that song except the lyrics might not be bad if my ears could discern them

So youā€™re a tough guy. Like it really rough guy. Just canā€™t get enough guy. Just always so puff guy. SMH.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, in Straya

Thousands of people are being evacuated from an area twice the size of New Jersey, the biggest peacetime evacuation in Australian history. The area already burnt this bushfire season is the size of West Virginia. Roughly 3.5% of the state of Victoria (which is almost as big as Texas) is right now on fire. 4,000 people are trapped on a beach at the eastern end of the state, surrounded by fire. They are being evacuated from the beach by Navy destroyers.

I was like, ā€œThe gated sound is great if done correctly, thereā€™s a reason it never totally went out of styleā€¦ Ohā€¦ Ohhh, ok. Yeah, thatā€™s the worst fucking thing Iā€™ve ever heard.ā€

For those like ā€˜watā€™:

Havenā€™t watched but Iā€™m gonna assume theyā€™re accurate.

1 Like

onion

1 Like

Paging @Rivaldo

Itā€™s funny how when people think of Gen Xers and their music itā€™s usually Nirvana and grunge when in reality they were mainly lapping up rubbish like Duran Duran and Simple Minds.

1 Like