Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

He might have got West Virginia but he put it to the East of Virginia.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/youngestwoman/status/1225869011218501632

Talking of US states I saw this in my feeds last week.

https://twitter.com/mattbooshell/status/1219426585541009408

The funniest thing Iā€™ve ever read in a magazine was Spy magazineā€™s ā€œstupidest laws from every stateā€. I was in pain laughing so hard.

The only one I remember right now is that in Rhode Island itā€™s (or was in 1996) illegal to throw pickle juice on a trolley.

2 Likes

as it should be

1 Like

I do what I want.

3 Likes

I can tell what you both do with your pickles based on your avatars

1 Like

Second best was in Florida itā€™s illegal to chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.

The fact that thereā€™s a law means enough people did it that they had to make it illegal.

Those mavericks were patriots

Iā€™m sure some of the lawbros can chime in, but not sure this is true. Iā€™m sure there is a massive power imbalance between law firm partners and young female associates. Iā€™m sure there has been plenty of sexual harassment in that exact workplace relationship.

Law is of course one of the absolute worst professions for sexual abuse. Massive power imbalance, widespread substance abuse, built in deterrent to reporting (perpetrators lawyer up, career instantly over).

1 Like

Yes but you know your victim can navigate the legal system adroitly. Which I would assume slows you down a little?

Iā€™m calling shenannigans on this guy 360 noscoping Arkansas and West Virginia but somehow not being able to locate Virginia. Thatā€™s some bullshit right there.

Edit: We should absolutely rename Oklahoma as ā€œTexas 2.ā€

Also I donā€™t know that thereā€™s the exact same ā€œyou will never work in this town againā€ component to lawyering. Harvey Weinstein could literally kill your career forever. Thatā€™s ultimate power in the power imbalance.

Patton Oswald killed it on Colbert. They got into a huge nerbro fight about whether the Hobbit is part of Lord of the Rings.

Huh? LotR was published 17 years after The Hobbit.

Lack of diversity breeds fear of the other.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/historylvrsclub/status/1226017787992248321

1 Like

I donā€™t post poker stuff much, and think bad beat story are Trumpian levels of awful, but man is there a worst feeling in the world than being at an amazing table and card dead.

My 5/5 table last night was biblical. 6 of the 8 other players were among the worst and most gambling players Iā€™ve ever seen in my 20 years of playing. More than 20k on the table and every second pot was like 2k+.

So of course for 7 hours I got bottom 1/3 hands and never got to play much and ended up down $100!

/whining.

I 1000% agree about bad beats stories, but this one is the kind of bad beat story that actually winning players tell and I totally approve. It is an awful feeling and Iā€™ve been there. Even worse is when it happens in the middle of a long break even stretch where you feel like you need to start winning and youā€™re forced to spend ungodly amounts of willpower to not try to force things (because you play for a living and bills lol).

You have my sympathies and this is a totally acceptable to bitch about.

1 Like