Winter cricket and bridge thread - Held over by popular demand

Guy One Desk Over: slllluuuuuuuurp! GULP! ahhhhh….
Guy One Desk Over: sluuuuuuuuuurrrrrp GuLp!!! aaaaaaaaaaaHHH… lip smack

repeatx10

My first shared office in 20 years of worklife. Fucking end me.

1 Like

Lol. One of the best threads on 2+2 was about bad office coworkers.

3 Likes

Interesting

Do you work at a gay brothel?

5 Likes

Ok this is weird. If I got o cnn.com I’m seeing Super Tuesday coverage as is the site is posting an old version.

Related to the nutrition topic, I did a fair amount of reading about exercise and nutrition around 2000 but haven’t kept at all current. Now that I’m working out again (Simplicitus' Fitness Journey, and you can too!) I want to get a bit more up to date on the state of the science.

I was happy to see there’s some good open access material available. In particular, I noticed ISSN exercise & sports nutrition review update: research & recommendations | Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full Text This is a 2018 update of what appears to be an ongoing project of summarizing results regarding fitness and nutrition and is likely worth a look for those with an interest. (free 57-page pdf)

Abstract

Background

Sports nutrition is a constantly evolving field with hundreds of research papers published annually. In the year 2017 alone, 2082 articles were published under the key words ‘sport nutrition’. Consequently, staying current with the relevant literature is often difficult.

Methods

This paper is an ongoing update of the sports nutrition review article originally published as the lead paper to launch the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition in 2004 and updated in 2010. It presents a well-referenced overview of the current state of the science related to optimization of training and performance enhancement through exercise training and nutrition. Notably, due to the accelerated pace and size at which the literature base in this research area grows, the topics discussed will focus on muscle hypertrophy and performance enhancement. As such, this paper provides an overview of: 1.) How ergogenic aids and dietary supplements are defined in terms of governmental regulation and oversight; 2.) How dietary supplements are legally regulated in the United States; 3.) How to evaluate the scientific merit of nutritional supplements; 4.) General nutritional strategies to optimize performance and enhance recovery; and, 5.) An overview of our current understanding of nutritional approaches to augment skeletal muscle hypertrophy and the potential ergogenic value of various dietary and supplemental approaches.

Conclusions

This updated review is to provide ISSN members and individuals interested in sports nutrition with information that can be implemented in educational, research or practical settings and serve as a foundational basis for determining the efficacy and safety of many common sport nutrition products and their ingredients.

https://mobile.twitter.com/eorden/status/1235641420582551553

4 Likes

Here’s a nice tl;dr on the efficacy of various nutritional supplements. See the paper for details and discussion.

Is “apparently safe” common medical jargon? lol.

People tweet outrage if their microwave doesn’t stop beeping. Let me know when they break out the big guns with easily defied subpoenas.

1 Like

Pretty big walkout today in publishing over Grand Central choosing to publish Woody Allen’s memoir. There were walkouts at Little Brown, Grand Central, and Orbit.

3 Likes

Have I Been Pwned: Pwned Passwords lets you see how badly your passwords have been breached. I don’t know that I’d put in a current password but you can get a sense of the numbers of breaches from the site.

Narrator – Traffic cameras did not show anyone else in the intersection.

Fight club

1 Like

Invite them to play a game of Monopoly.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9W8bGvjTp-/

this guy is gay? what… a… schock…?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9IW1swDT02/

You tried the polite route. Now you snitch.

2 Likes

Chocked.

Just read this: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/05/us/alabama-nathaniel-woods-execution/index.html and I am already riled up. If I could I would just conjure up a meteroid and erase the whole state from the face of the earth. If God exists I hope they all look confused when they are sent to purgatory still believing they were good Christians. If I ever would start a party the manifest would include no trades (or at least additional tariffs) with countries that have the death penalty. (or in case of the US states since its hard to abolish the death penalty for all states from above if I am not wrong)