Who will run in 2020?

3 Likes

oh I see. People who have literally zero concept of what military intelligence officers actually do. Or what the CIA does, tbh.

if I could figure out how to embed a gif, it would be greenshirtguylaughing.gif

Anyone who’s served in the military is a CIA psy-op, ldo. Except Tulsi, of course.

1 Like

What was Pete doing?

This will come as a complete shocker to a lot of you guys, but… It’s possible for the alt right to stumble upon a fundamentally decent concept or policy that even a progressive can/should agree with. But those who drink the kool aid are brainwashed into thinking, omg Trump likes that? Russia thinks it’s good? MSM says it’s bad? Oh, well then it’s axiomatic that we should be good lemmings and side with the establishment on this one

Getting back to my question… Were you in favor of the Iraq war and invasion? Did you think it was a good idea and in the best interest of our country and soldiers? I’ll preemptively pay you the compliment that you did not, because if so, you are totally on the wrong side of history my dude. It was by far, the worst military blunder in my lifetime, opening up a can of worms throughout the middle east going on 16 years and counting with tens of thousands casualties, countless dead (many innocent civilians), costing trillions of dollars. True progressives are against being interventionists and getting involved in overthrowing governments and toppling regimes. We’re for getting rid of the industrialized military complex, not forever feeding it

But just because MSM runs a smear campaign on an anti establishment candidate and links a philosophy they have to some alt right talking point, it makes many of you guys fall hook, line, and sinker for the tactic. They HATE Gabbard for the same reason they HATE Yang and HATE Sanders. And it’s why progressives can’t make any progress. Too many fall for the BS they read and hear, instead of thinking it through for themselves

And I’ll repeat. I’m no fan of Tulsi. But I do see the unfair way she’s treated in the media similar to Yang and I’m not afraid to call bullshit when I see it

Who decides what TRUE progressives are for and against?

1 Like

if he figures out he basically just has to say he was obama’s VP and try not to say anything else he’ll get there.

Not that I think Cactus is an authority on progressivism in any way, but this is pretty emblematic of the asymmetric battle between conservatives and progressives. Progressives look at ~3 different ways, and conservatives all say “Fuck no!”.

1 Like

we just had some conservative article linked earlier

THE WORST DEM PRESIDENTIAL TICKET WOULD BE PETE/GABBARD OH NO THAT WOULD REALLY SUCK

“alt left”? In this analogy explain who the real left is and whether or not the people saying it consider themselves to be any part of the left. Because people who derisively say “alt right” don’t think they are anything like any part of the right.

1 Like

Well, I guess we can have a dialogue about what progressive stands for and means, but under what concept is for profit wars and getting involved in regime changes a progressive model?

MrWookie is right. I’m no authority on progressives, but I think I know which progressives who’s ideologies I hold dear (Sanders, AOC, and the rest of the squad) and where stand on our involvement in all these wars and foreign interventions

Or maybe your quibble is what I consider a TRUE progressive? Well, it certainly isn’t people like nunnehi and some others around here. Don’t mean to make it personal, but want to make clear those Democrats who I do not feel represent the true progressive movement

I define a true progressives as someone who fights for the well being of all and thinks for themselves even if it means standing up to a leftist smear campaign against Gabbard or purposely ignoring and even getting the name wrong of someone like Yang even though he’s polling better than others they give time to. Being progressive doesn’t mean always having to agree with the establishment quo and neo liberals

Except it isn’t similar at all because she would never in a million goddamned years refer to Assad as a “brutal dictator” even though that’s exactly wtf he is.

BULLSHIT!

It took me less than 30 seconds to find a clip of her saying exactly and explicitly that he’s a “BRUTAL DICTATOR”! JFC you guys are dishonest fucks sometimes. Either that, or like I’ve been saying all along, you’re simply brainwashed into believing whatever your told by MSM

Congrats. You’ve just made me research a candidate I’m not even remotely for and in less than a minute debunked your statement. So come clean now. Is your intention to be dishonest? Or don’t you even look into the truth of what you read and listen to? She’s anti war! And afaik, that’s a progressive stance. You like these wars and want more of them? Then you’re taking on a Republican stance and establishment Dem position and playing right into corporate MSM hands

Edit: At worst, she’s said she’s skeptical of some of the atrocities that have been attributed to him because she knows how our government lies. I can’t find much to disagree with her about that. Our government does lie and will outright make stuff up (WMDs in Iraq anyone?) to justify toppling a regime. Skepticism and/or trust but verify are always good things to live by

Oh my bad I guess she finally did.

In August of this year after being called out by Kamala Harries for fondling Assad’s balls repeatedly on his use of chemical weapons.

I stand corrected. You’re right kid, she’s awesome.

This. It’s relatively plausible GOPete worked for the CIA drug smuggling or whatever. Makes perfect sense with his McKinsey work, the fact that he doesn’t really talk about what he was actually doing, and his history.

5 Likes

At the time, I was vocally against the Iraq War and in favor of gay marriage.

Your homegirl Gabbard… not so much.

In for this title

8 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1199296744917491712

Oof. Triple in for the article. Extremely accurate too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mayawiley/status/1199329216598302722

8 Likes