Who will run in 2020?

[center]

Mega-thread Note

[/center]
This is one of our ongoing, loosely structured community conversations about daily news with thousands of replies. There is no need to read the entire archive for context. If you are new you can skip to the end and join in the discussion of current events as they happen. However, it is always a good idea to spend at least a few minutes reading first to get a feel for the community and the topic before posting.

Stolen from Trolly

2 Likes

To pick up from where things are at exiled…Ohio Goddamn!

Biden hasn’t declared yet? :crazy_face:

@Trolly, a little help!

Yeah, that needs some updating.

Sestak and Steyer are in. Swalwell is out.

1 Like

Thank you Trolly.

Who the hell is Sestack, I can’t keep up with all this shizz.

Was those monsters on land of the lost.

1 Like

Sestak is a former congressman and military guy. I don’t think we have enough of those.

He ran for senator of Pennsylvania in 2010, defeating incumbent Arlen Specter (who had recently switched parties) in the primary. He then narrowly lost to Pat Toomey in the general.

He ran again in 2016, but lost the primary.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1155157119278157825

Sounds like a plan! Repeat his own words back to him, maybe throw in a free appetizer, and he’ll pass whatever we want!

Damn, why didn’t Obama think of that?

I’m wondering whether Hickenlooper, Klobuchar or Biden would be the worst nominee.

Did you see Kamala’s terrible student debt forgiveness plan?

It’s for Pell Grant recipients who start a business that operates for three years in disadvantaged communities.

She’s the worst.

1 Like

As crazy as it is to have 20+ candidates, looking back it’s even crazier that there were only 3 candidates for 2016.

went to a debate watch party on the first night. It felt like someone said “why are they giving Delaney so much time” on every single question.

Wake me up when this is down to Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Harris, and Biden. Then it’ll be worth it. Until then, I’ll continue my grassroots campaigning.

This may be premature, but does either Bernie or Warren have a path to win with the other still in the race? Maybe if Biden crashes but that’s looking increasingly unlikely.

Hopefully one of them beats the other solidly in the first few primaries and the other drops out and endorses, but I wouldn’t count on either of them dropping out unless they do really poorly. Maybe Harris and Biden split their votes just as badly.

1 Like

Yeah, still, Biden+Harris is starting with around a ~10% lead over Bernie+Liz. Bernie+Liz can still grow ofc, but Biden alone is going to suck up 3-8% from the Delaney/Ryan/Bennet/Hickenlooper/Bullock/Klobuchar crowd.

2 Likes