Who will run in 2020?

https://www.salon.com/2019/11/24/quit-saying-that-bernie-sanders-cant-win-he-may-be-the-most-electable-democrat-running-in-2020/

1 Like

IMO the primary process should be much shorter and end much further out from the election.

if anything needs to be a little shorter to the election, definitely NOT longer.

Sure but how would any of that satisfy his ego?

But M4A is too expensive

(Yeah I know we have a healthcare thread but this belongs here)

This is really interesting, specifically the stuff about Sinclairā€¦ But once the Dem nomination is decided, heā€™d have to actually run third party to continue doing it, right? So it doesnā€™t make sense in that regard.

And of course the real reason is that the silly narcissistic billionaire guy thinks he is exactly what America needs and wants to replace the other silly narcissistic billionaire guy.

2 Likes

Soā€¦ I honestly think itā€™s pretty likely that Bloomberg saw FB say ā€˜we arenā€™t going to fact check candidatesā€™ and thought, fuck it Iā€™m running.

I mean there are significant advantages to running as a candidate if your plan is to dump 500M into outspending the GOP between now and March. If thatā€™s what Bloomberg is doing Iā€™m going to go from being actively annoyed at his run to being a huge fan.

Donā€™t let anybody tell me I canā€™t change my mind 180 degrees when I get new data lol.

What really annoys me about Steyer is that he really seems to be taking running for president seriously. He should be using his immense resources to hire a really good advertising agency and dump those ads on Fox News.

1 Like

Right wing billionaires: use money to rig the game and win

Democratic billionaires: waste money on vanity campaigns, pledge to give away money when dead (and still not to any cause that will matter for US politics)

4 Likes

I know the story about El Bloombito getting banhammered is kind of goofy and silly, but letā€™s not overlook how hella nefarious it is. Billionaire runs for president and immediately Jack Dorsey puts out a hit on a beloved parody account that isnā€™t breaking any of the siteā€™s rules. Just billionaires showing out for fellow billionaires.

And in the grand scheme of things, ā€œMichael Bloombegā€™s office is bad at the Spanish outreachā€ is some of the most inoffensive, milquetoast criticism imaginable. Normally most politicians just kind of roll with the punches and laugh that off as a silly gaffe. Not billionaires, tho. Billionaires call in favors to shut that shit down completely. This is like when English kings told Shakespeare not to get out of line with his comedy. Itā€™s just so amazingly petty.

You will note that Jack and Bloomberg are ostensibly at opposite ends of the political spectrum on a superficial level. But these billionaires are 100% looking out for each other 100% of the time.

4 Likes

Anyone with a billion dollars is inherently a fascist, all social media is managed by fascists, thank you for listening to my TED talk.

8 Likes

Well let me be the first to tell you that youā€™re just going to LOVE what you see from Michael Bloomberg in the coming weeks.

Just donā€™t be surprised when half the forum is dunking on you for ignoring all of the old data.

Iā€™m betting hard against bloom; I might be a huge fish, idk.

Bloombergā€™s chances of winning the presidency in 2020 are approximately 0.00000000000%.

If you really want to be president as a billionaire in 2020 and you run as a Democrat, youā€™re only proving that intelligence and lifetime earnings are not all that strongly correlated.

2 Likes

If Bloomberg is rational, I think this is the reason. I donā€™t know all the legal ins and outs, but itā€™s a significant advantage to run as a candidate.

Among the types of people there are in the world, there are people who splash pots and make moves without plans and hope for the best (Trump), and there are people (presumably Bloomberg) who donā€™t make a move without a clear goal (Trump losing). Iā€™m giving Bloomberg some credit here, but I think his run is just to maximize his ability to spend and defeat Trump.

Actually, I realized this isnā€™t it at all. I apologize. Let me be more clear.

The real reason is that the silly narcissistic billionaire guy sees the other silly narcissistic billionaire guy struggling to gain traction and thinks that he himself is the silly narcissistic billionaire guy that America needs and wants to replace the extra silly narcissistic billionaire guy.

Hopefully that clears it up!

Wait the el bloomblito twitter account got nuked? Thatā€™s literally where I go for my Michael Bloomberg news. Now what?

Iā€™m already seeing Bloomberg ads on YouTube and shit. They werenā€™t anti-Trump, they were pro-Mike, so there goes that narrative. Guarantee heā€™s not playing 3D chess and the simplest explanation is the right one: heā€™s just a bored, narcissistic billionaire.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ back on fuck Mike Bloomberg train then. This is like when I thought Trump was playing 4d chess for a whole week after he won the election. Nope HRC just straight up lost to that guy.

1 Like

Lack of enthusiasm? Who could have predicted this?

4 Likes