Who will run in 2020?

Is it the same low level staffer who lied about all those black Dems in South Carolina supporting Pete’s lol Douglas Plan?

Isn’t it Pete’s job to hire staff that doesn’t fuck up?

Undecideds aren’t going to be against Mayor Pete because ultralibs thought he wasn’t PC enough.

1 Like

Im sorry I just cant get over this Pete thing. He actually used a stock picture from Kenya to depict black people supporting him. How do you even do that? Like, how do you even have a campaign after that? And now he takes the lead?

Then reference that the picture isn’t the only issue. Like I said I’m not a fan, but your post implied that your entire issue was with the picture.

MM MD

1 Like

This letter is to notify you of your endorsement. Please respond if you’d like to opt out.

Amazing.

1 Like

Yeah, now that’s the kind of thing I’d agree should be a total dealbreaker - completely inexcusable.

MM MD

Sorry, that position on this forum has already been filled.

13 Likes

4 Likes

Meanwhile

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/470861-biden-says-he-wont-legalize-marijuana-because-it-may-be-a-gateway-drug

4 Likes

That Biden fellow sure does have his finger on the pulse of contemporary America.

8 Likes

He’ll figure it out soon, he just needs to listen to the record player a little more at night and then he’ll have all the answers.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1196293535743410177

1 Like

https://amp.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article237463004.html

4 Likes

Getting to the point where he might be worse than Biden.

3 Likes

For nearly three years, he worked at McKinsey & Company, an elite management consulting firm with offices around the world. It was work that took him, he has said, to Iraq and Afghanistan. And for years after that, in his early campaigns for public office, Buttigieg held up his stint at McKinsey as a selling point and proof that he was a business-friendly Democrat, while only vaguely describing what he did and never revealing his clients.

A deeper understanding of his time there a decade ago would be relevant to evaluating the 37-year-old mayor of South Bend, Indiana, who’s now trying to prove he has the experience to be president. But Buttigieg continues to keep most details a secret, citing a confidentiality agreement. He also now describes the job — which informed his views on business issues — as “not something that I think is essential in my story.”

McKinsey has become known for working with authoritarian regimes and taking on other ethically complicated projects. A New York Times report last year focused on its work for governments or state-owned companies in China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey. A recent lawsuit against the pharmaceutical company that makes OxyContin raised questions about the firm’s role in perpetuating the opioid crisis.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted a Dem to test the following policy idea: “We will increase military spending 10% and have them fix all of America’s road, bridges, railways, etc.” The idea is to frame infrastructure spending as patriotic military spending. There’s got to be some kind of way to frame it as allowing the military to move around the country more efficiently, for example.

A little unfair and he said “make drug trafficking less profitable by walking away from the failed war on drugs here in the United States” which is a bunch better than Biden.

1 Like

Team D is going to fuck it all up. Holy shit worst political party ever.

2 Likes

National defense was a major justification for the Interstate Highway System. Eisenhauer (just like you) argued that it was vital for troop movement (and also, to facilitate evacuations).

" In December 1918, E. J. Mehren, a civil engineer and the editor of Engineering News-Record , presented his “A Suggested National Highway Policy and Plan”[5] during a gathering of the State Highway Officials and Highway Industries Association at the Congress Hotel in Chicago.[6] In the plan, Mehren proposed a 50,000-mile (80,000 km) system, consisting of five east–west routes and 10 north–south routes. The system would include two percent of all roads and would pass through every state at a cost of $25,000 per mile ($16,000/km), providing commercial as well as military transport benefits.[5]"

“The Bureau of Public Roads asked the Army to provide a list of roads that it considered necessary for national defense.[8

" The Interstate Highway System gained a champion in President Dwight D. Eisenhower, who was influenced by his experiences as a young Army officer crossing the country in the 1919 Army Convoy on the Lincoln Highway, the first road across America. Eisenhower gained an appreciation of the Reichsautobahn system, the first “national” implementation of modern Germany’s Autobahn network, as a necessary component of a national defense system while he was serving as Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe during World War II.[12] In 1954, Eisenhower appointed General Lucius D. Clay to head a committee charged with proposing an interstate highway system plan.[13]"

Personally, I think we should probably try to make the case without relying on a militaristic justification, but there is plenty of historical evidence that infrastructure spending is good for national security (or, at least it was when R’s cared about things other than Judges and tax cuts…)

1 Like

Looks like Bernie and Warren might split the progressive wing and send us to a brokered convention where Biden gets the nom. Dems just can’t not fuck up no matter how easy the race is. Always a lock to find the single most unelectable candidate.