Who will run in 2020?

“Cotton makes up 60% of our exports, we just have to let the Confederacy leave and work on some treaties with them”

My company has started making the employees pay for half of the increases each year, pretty cool.

Additionally people will have more bargaining power too when they don’t have to worry about losing insurance with a job or worry that they won’t have insurance if they’re get sick while they are unemployed.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/SallyGold/status/1196103406970118145

1 Like

Huh? That’s a right wing BS scare tactic. All of the developed countries with universal healthcare get better results for less money. This has been widely documented over and over again, and I have no idea in which alternate reality quality of care is a legitimate concern.

2 Likes

Pete is in the lead in Iowa apparently according to a recent poll. Hope Biden keeps falling.

Mean family income in the US

Top 20% = $222k/yr
2nd 20% = $99k/yr
3rd 20% = $62k/yr
4th 20% = $35k/yr
bottom 20% = $13k/yr

What M4A pretty much means is that the top 40% are going to pay for the health care for the bottom 40%. If you look at it like that - not like the bottom 40% actually generates more than their share of the wealth and M4A is just part of the rent for capitalism. So, if we drop cost per capita down a bit, some people will still pay more. That’s what this is mostly about imo.

I think Pete doing well/winning Iowa is best for Pete >> then good for Bernie and close to neutral for Biden, I can argue slightly bad or slightly good I think. Slightly good, I think Biden would rather be “heads up” with Pete rather than Warren going into Super Tuesday, slightly bad, Biden is not raising enough money and a 4th place finish in Iowa is going to be tough to spin.

If Biden eventually drops all the way off, there’s going to be this horrible/wonderful Trump moment (tweet) in which he simultaneously says 1) Phew, Biden was the only one I was scared of, and 2) Dems were crazy to go with anyone else, and 3) wasn’t I smart for getting all that dirt about him out there? Stable genius!

Can’t wait. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Here will be the worst talking point if Biden drops off:

“Dems want to remove Trump for trying to get dirt on his opponent, but Biden isn’t even his opponent. Chessmate.”

OMG

https://shop.elizabethwarren.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/billionaire-tears-mug

4 Likes

10 Likes

everything just great at harris hq

2 Likes

Top tier

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/1196186300556152832?s=19

Lol

That’s gotta be a misquote or taken waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of context.

Polls always lag, though I don’t this will sink him. Some staffer jumps on the grenade at most. But it’s so bad. One of those slow sinkers, as link by link the chain of decisions that led to that reveals itself to you.

Eh I don’t think anybody will be aware/care about it. But I agree it’s bad, and it’s exactly in line with who he is.

There are several reasons I’m not a big fan of Pete, but give me a fucking break. Some volunteer/low level staffer that he probably has never seen or talked to fucked up and used the stupid picture, and the person charged with making sure something stupid like that didn’t happen screwed up, and you’re going to demand he drop out of the race?

Trump does 30 things a day a magnitude of shittiness worse on purpose. Democrats are insane with the purity test/white knight/perfect candidate stuff that’s gonna blow the fucking election.

MM MD

8 Likes

I tend to think we are all going to get behind whoever the nominee is. In some ways putting them through the ringer in the primary is smart because the dirt and flaws will already be out there and digested by most long before the general.

1 Like

Here’s the thing though. We have at least one much better option than GOPete. Of course it’s fair to be critical of him when he does dumb shit. We aren’t stuck with him like we are stuck with Trump.